Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

spy photos 09 150

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
if they keep makin that bed any deeper they might as well just build the expedition with no roof...

Old 05-23-2007, 09:15 AM
I've seen & crash tested some of the 09's... the bed is no taller than the current F-150's. It's just the padding under the camo that makes it look that way.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Only thing I would perfer to have in my 07 from the 09 is the instrument panel... you can keep the rest :thumbdown:

Old 05-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Copeland!
... you can keep the rest :thumbdown:
The rest that you haven't seen???

Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Please Ford do not put a BRITISH diesel in this! My dad already said he wouldn't buy one if its British!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm I the only one that dislikes the tall bed on the current trucks? Like someone else said, you have to be pretty tall to reach anything over the sides now. I'm 6'5" and can manage but my shorter friends scratch the **** out of my bedsides during hunting season trying to get gear in and out like they can on any other truck.

You can't see a boat trailer while trying to back down a ramp because of it either.

Also, not trying to be smart but there's a sub forum up top for future model threads (and these pics have been there for a while).

Old 05-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by baja150
The rest that you haven't seen???
From what I can tell

Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by quackrstackr
I'm I the only one that dislikes the tall bed on the current trucks? Like someone else said, you have to be pretty tall to reach anything over the sides now. I'm 6'5" and can manage but my shorter friends scratch the **** out of my bedsides during hunting season trying to get gear in and out like they can on any other truck.

You can't see a boat trailer while trying to back down a ramp because of it either.

Also, not trying to be smart but there's a sub forum up top for future model threads (and these pics have been there for a while).
I agree with you, im 6' 1" and if whatever i need to get out of the back is not against the bed, i have to jump in to get it out. I am always weary of tagging something when i have to back up close to something as well.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually prefer the taller bed. Keeps stuff in without having to stack it and lash it like I had to my old truck. I guess it comes from starting out driving vans though. I got used to loading / unloading cargo from the back...

I have four wishes for the next truck, and would actually be happier if they would just sell retrofits so I can keep my current rig...

#1. Diesel!
#2. Tailgate step like the new SD has...
#3. Super Cab doors that open all the way, these things are in the way in parking lots when trying to load cargo or people into the back seat...
#4. Selectable lockers, or better yet, gear type limited slips front and rear optional.

I love the look of the current truck, and think that is one of its strongest selling points. According to the 300HP isn't nearly enough crowd, horsepower isn't a selling point, etc... so it has to be looks right???

Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by anaheim
I agree with you, im 6' 1" and if whatever i need to get out of the back is not against the bed, i have to jump in to get it out. I am always weary of tagging something when i have to back up close to something as well.
I like that tall bed, but alot of the time I'm moving sand gravel and rock . Otherwise I'm just doing motor/motorcycle hauling that doesn't even press the shocks.

Personally I'm fine with the british Desiel. You guys DO rember the 4 liter out of the older superduties right? That was a fairly abysmal motor overall.

I just want a desiel 1/2 ton If it has the Range Rover desiel FINE. I'm all about buying american as long as it's the best.

Ask your dad where his TV came from next time he gets on a buy US kick.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll back you on this one. The height of my last 4 F-150's was just fine. Rearward visibility stinks on my '05. Backing up anything less than about 20 feet long is darn near impossible. Jet skis? Forget it. As long as it doesn't get any deeper, I'm OK.

Speaking of visibility though, how about improving rear quarter visibility on regular cabs. The stupid pocket doors on my regular cab absolutely eliminate any view out of the cab in that area.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I really don't see a lot of difference between those pics and our rides now.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I was stationed over in the UK from 2001-2005 and I never really seen any of the new body style F150's. I got off the plane in St. Louis and my dad was driving us home. The first thing that caught my eye leaving was that massive bed on the new body style trucks. Maybe because that it was right in my face at the first stop light.

I love the look and love the deep bed and I'm a shorter guy at 5'6". There's a bumper and a tire on the side that I can use to get over the bed. I use my bed a lot too.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:41 AM
They do have big butts don't they.

Quick Reply: spy photos 09 150