2004 - 2008 F-150

New '04 F-150 Spy Shots [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- By the look of the door trim, round is dead.
- Nice large mirrors.
- Will the 2wd finally have a fog light option!
-All the other spy pics till now had the Explorer sport type grill, perhaps this honeycombe grill is a luxury or 2wd option, or just camo...
-Hard to tell but the rear doors seem smaller than now?
I guess we'll all know next week after the Vegas show

Old 09-24-2002, 10:17 AM
Vegas show? What is being revealed there?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 09-24-2002, 12:20 PM
I dont care much for the new expys I see around town, this isnt looking much better. ho hummm.... wonder wtf the Lightnings will end up looking like?

Old 09-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well the grill looks a little better than the first spy shots i seen of it.

Old 09-24-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by FordMX
Vegas show? What is being revealed there?

Thanks,
Chris
My dealer showed mt the invite: 2004 F-150 and Windstar (perhaps others0 to be showed at the show. the invite even had a little tease pic of the truck. Jsut showed the front corner: part of the grill/headlights/bumper area.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:41 AM
Confused about 04 spy shots...!?!?!

Ok, we've seen several spy pics now of the new truck. Here's my deal. I don't understand why Ford is trying to confuse me.

This truck looks very boxy with a possibility of a tonka/superduty-like grille:

(webmaster note: at the request of the copyright holder of these photos, they have been removed. for links to sites that can legally post these photos, please see the thread above)

HOWEVER, the newest spy pics show a much larger, not disrupted grille like the new explorers.

I read over at BlueOvalNews.com that someone from Ford actually admitted it would look more like the Tonka design than the expy. But, seeing these headlights and this huge grille:

(webmaster note: at the request of the copyright holder of these photos, they have been removed. for links to sites that can legally post these photos, please see the thread above)

This truck makes me think of the new explorers more, since there is no superduty-like design in the grille. What gives?
The rest of the truck looks pretty consistent and boxy to me. Tonka like? Pr'olly...

Last edited by webmaster; 09-26-2002 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Never noticed!!

Huh?! Maybe they are going to have a F150 and F250 thing going on still....Or maybe they're just workin on our minds and trying to confuse us....

Hey BigBadRedLiftedFordMan what type of front bumper/lightbar/bushbar is that on the front of your truck?

Old 09-25-2002, 11:01 AM
its made by RCD (race car dynamics)

You can order it through PerformanceProducts.com or racecardynamics.com

I got it because no one else has it....i like it a lot. Gets a lot of looks and compliments. If you have a 99+ it'll mount higher if you want it to...

Old 09-25-2002, 12:14 PM
My thoughts on the difference. I think they are both the same body just with different parts in em. I.E. grill and headlamps are different. The basic shape looks the same. I believe as much as some people are dreading, that it will in fact be the same basic shape as the 03 expi. It just makes more economical sense to me. Rather than making everything different to the point where you have to manufacture seperate parts for the whole body. My guess is the hood and bumpers (plastic) will be the same on both the Expi and the f-150. Now, that being said, we all know what a difference headlights and a grill can make on a vehicle. Hopefully they do something to make the two more distinct from each other. That may or may not happen though, if you sit my 99 expi next to my wife's 02 KR supercrew they are totaly identical from the front. *shrug*

Now this superduty style front door is an interesting thing. I kinda like the thought of that. Will be interesting to see the final production models when they come out. As I said in a previous post, I'm also curious how much of the Expi suspension and drive train will be in the new f-150's.

Old 09-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Half the people will love it.
Half the people will hate it.
800,000 people will buy it.

Old 09-25-2002, 06:43 PM
OK, so I've been thinking about it all day, and it finally hit me when i was sitting in a parking lot about an hour ago. The bottom picture looks suspiciously like the new ranger:

The rake at the front of the truck is the same, the grille is the same, the headlights and even the fog lights seem to be in the same place as on this taped-up "F150".

Thoughts??? I think, unless Ford is tryin to throw us off, we have seen the new F150 in the Ranger. Makes sense, and it looks good. Stick that front end on Tonka body...it would probably look pretty mean.

Last edited by webmaster; 09-26-2002 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:32 PM
Cool

You know...you're right! I sure hope so, because I REALLY don't care for the explorer/expedition look. But....would it make sense $$$ wise for ford to make a front end just for the F150 model??

Chris

Old 09-26-2002, 11:05 AM
i) I think your wrong with the Ranger. The rake is not nearly the same as the Ranger is more upright. Compare it to a pic of a Ranger from a different angle. It is much to large for a Ranger. What about the 6 bolt lugs. Maybe I mis-read what you said, but that is no Ranger. the grill may be similar but thats it...

ii) The current F-150 has a couple different grills: XLT/STX, 4wd/2wd. I think its the same think here. Lets remember Ford will have 5 versions of this truck of which we now of 3; Luxury, Worker, Family (and perhaps Sport & Economy?) I would suggest this latest spy pic is simply the 2wd grill , or perhaps the "Luxury grill".

I have seen the Vegas invite the Ford dealers received with the teaser pic of the '04 truck. Expy lights, similiar fog lamps (rectangular) but thats where the similairities end. More Tonka/Superduty like. The grill was just like the one on that first spy pic (ala current Explorer Sport/Superduty) Keep in mind its jsut a little pic of the corner of the front end. No idea what the rest will be like. Although it sure looks liek the Tonka... I think the best way to descibe the front end is 1/3 Expy, 1/3 Tonka, 1/3 Superduty. But far meaner than the Expy.

Old 09-26-2002, 11:20 AM
i wish i had that pic!

I wasn't suggesting this was a ranger. I was just sayin that the front end of that second spy pic looked like it. The grille, rake of the hood to the grille, the headlights, foglights, air dam, even certain spots on the bumper can be made out to look just like the Ranger. But agreed, this is way too big to be a ranger anyways.

I agree. Ford is going all out on this truck. They are not merely creating another hunk of steel, they are making a fully customizable vehicle here. As said, there will be 5 different models (not including Trim levels), so i would not be surprised to see the grille get completely different treatments from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Anyways, if anyone gets a hold of anything lemme know!

Old 09-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Well the dealers all see it next week so if nothing else we'll get a good description. Although if we don't get at least one good pic then whats this world wide web thing good for anyway?

Quick Reply: New '04 F-150 Spy Shots [merged]