2004 - 2008 F-150

New '04 F-150 Spy Shots [merged]

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm just ready to see it with out all the camo on it so we know for sure what it will look like.

Old 09-27-2002, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '04 F-150 Spy Shots

thecarconnection.com F-150 spy shot article

(webmaster note: at the request of the copyright holder, I have removed these images. as requested at the top of this forum, please do not post copyrighted material on this site. we have received permission and will be publishing these spy shots, and others, today. thanks)

Check the rear portion of the extended cab. Looks like forward opening rear doors and a shorter box just like the Dodge Ram. Hopefully they didnt go too short.

6.5 ft is the bare minimum but I prefer 8 ft boxes. Trucks are getting too sissied and suburbanized and they keep making the cabs bigger and boxes smaller. Just so people who dont know how to drive can still park them and make turns without smashing into other cars. Just my opinion, so dont get offended. Im not picking on anyone here.

Funny story. I had my dad's truck in town the other day. Its an extended cab long box GMC. This guy was trying to parallel park his extended cab short box F-150 between two cars. He couldnt do it so he gave up. I drove up and did it in 3 moves. 2 feet in front and in back of me with the tires 6 inches from the curb. Piece of cake.

Last edited by webmaster; 09-27-2002 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I sware that grill almost looks like the new Silverado's with a blue oval in the middle of it... Sure hope they didn't 'go there!"

Old 09-27-2002, 08:10 AM
MN4X4 - if you are looking at the same pics as I am from your link, the truck you are looking at is the Supercrew, not the SCab - it even states that in the article beside the pic. That is why the doors open forward.

Old 09-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Bed Length

I agree with MN4X4! I have a long bed right now, but I have to admit I would go with a Supercrew in a heartbeat if they just put a STANDARD short bed on the thing! Can anyone tell by the pics if the bed on the '04 'crew is a full size short bed or not???

Thanks,
Chris

Old 09-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LightningCrew
MN4X4 - if you are looking at the same pics as I am from your link, the truck you are looking at is the Supercrew, not the SCab - it even states that in the article beside the pic. That is why the doors open forward.
Oops...my bad. It was 1:30 in the morning when I saw and posted those photos. Plus yesterday I put in a 16 hour workday.

But if I remember correctly previous spy shots of the '04 were of an extended cab and I can remember noticing some extra camoflauge on the rear part of the cab. That extra camo leads me to beleive that Ford has something up their sleeve. I just hope they keep the standard 6.5 ft bed and still offer an 8 ft.

Im excited for the new F-150. Hopefully speculation is right and they make it more like the Super-Duty...more like a truck then the current "Taurus on steroids" look. And PLEASE let it be different than the Expedition. If they do it right and offer the 4.5 diesel then this will be the truck to get me back to Ford. Otherwise Im gonna buy another Chevy.

Old 09-27-2002, 02:03 PM
Ford comes out with the best frontend shape on any truck ever (97-current) and decides to do this?

I thought chevy had a lot of catching up to do with Ford. Yet, it looks like Ford is trying to use more "right angles" than chevy...ha!

All I can say, is that, if a radical shape change is going to start taking place, I will be able to purchase used 97-03 models much cheaper.........thanks again Ford!!!!!!!

Last edited by iron horse; 09-27-2002 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:21 PM
I just hope...

I just hope Ford doesn't "strap-on" that boxy Avalanche looking rear end onto the new Fords.

I also hope they don't drop the flareside....

Ford, if you're listening, taller and wider tires are better for us Texans... We don't like little girly-man tires.... Like Pontiac said for the Gran Prix- "Wider is Better"

Yeah sure, we may increase our risk of hydroplanning, but hey- what' slife without adventure!

Make skinny tires optional for people who want skinny, cheap tires. I'll take some 33"T x 14"W LT20's, if you can get someone to make 'em!

No 255/70/16's!!

Please!!

Make the grill nice too, with HID's on the Lariat/KR/Lightning version, or at least, projector halogen's.

Last edited by Bighersh; 09-27-2002 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:14 AM

Got this on PUTC...someone had one of those dealer invites and scanned this pic off of it. The invite said that all the Regular cabs are supposed to have "easy access rear doors," about half the size of the current S/Cabs. Also a V6 Turbo diesel is to be released shortly after intro.

The pic looks good, very similar to what I have been expecting. Lets just hope they have some options for the grille. Im not liking the grey plastic that is pictured. Please dont go Avalanche on us Ford! Im not getting the easy access rear doors part of the reg cab. So now Ford is gonna have a 4 door reg. cab? WTF? Is it gonna be too much to ask for a standard reg. cab longbox or a standard ext. cab longbox? I like the news about the V-6 diesel being out shortly after intro though!

Old 10-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Besides the grill, it looks just like the Expy front end.

Last edited by dufunnel; 10-03-2002 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Yes. But doesn't everyone else have that already. I know Gm & Toyota do. Unsure about the Dodge...

Quick Reply: New '04 F-150 Spy Shots [merged]