2004 - 2008 F-150

Code Alarm remote start fobs won't lock doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code Alarm remote start fobs won't lock doors

I have had my '08 SCREW since it was new off the lot. First things I had done to it were Line-X and get Code Alarm remote start installed. No problems until 2 moths ago. It still remote starts fine, but the CA fobs no longer lock the doors. They still prompt a chirp; they unlock the doors and start and stop the truck. Just won't lock the doors. The OEM fobs do lock the doors as designed. I also have strange interior lighting issues (fwd map lighting comes on steady or intermittently with no pattern or cause that I can determine).
Anyone know how to troubleshoot a Code Alarm CA-530 module?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:21 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First thing I'd do it look at the module to look for loose wires. The door lock/unlock is usually a 2 wire harness, and one time it did come loose on my CA module. It came loose after I was doing work on a flasher relay.

Sounds like a wire problem to me somewhere, I doubt the actual module is broken.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkz28
First thing I'd do it look at the module to look for loose wires. The door lock/unlock is usually a 2 wire harness, and one time it did come loose on my CA module. It came loose after I was doing work on a flasher relay.

Sounds like a wire problem to me somewhere, I doubt the actual module is broken.
Update: unfortunately, I don't recall now how I resolved the interior light issue. But, I did. And, I also resolved the remote door lock issue by finding a poor/ loose splice in the wiring harness at drivers door rocker panel wiring channel. After locating the Code Alarm starter splice connection, I had to just firm it up so it was in a better position to prevent stressing the splice. It's been working well for months now.