2004 - 2008 F-150

Intermediate Steering Shaft

Old 05-08-2017, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intermediate Steering Shaft

I changed my Intermediate Steering Shaft recently because the little u-joint was binding up when turning. I thought I bungie corded my steering wheel in place but the steering wheel has a little bit of play in it now. what went wrong?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gibby84
I changed my Intermediate Steering Shaft recently because the little u-joint was binding up when turning. I thought I bungie corded my steering wheel in place but the steering wheel has a little bit of play in it now. what went wrong?
I don't know, but mine was just changed with Dorman, and now the wheel is off to the right.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you get an alignment?

After I got mine changed an alignment is all it took. There must me minute differences in the shaft or something.

I think I have to do mine again as I am getting a clinking sound from it when I turn the wheel, I can also feel it with my hands coming through the steering wheel.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dman81
Did you get an alignment?

After I got mine changed an alignment is all it took. There must me minute differences in the shaft or something.

I think I have to do mine again as I am getting a clinking sound from it when I turn the wheel, I can also feel it with my hands coming through the steering wheel.
No but I rolled both tie rod slieves one turn to straighten out the wheel. It's good now.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got mine fixed. It was the steering shaft connector again.

Luckily, the part was under warranty, so I only had to pay the hourly rate to swap it out again.

Search this Thread