2004 - 2008 F-150

Spark plug class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchTX
Just got my settlement check...$34 and change...ARE YOU KIDDING ME FORD ??? I have owned nothing but F100/F150s all of my life, had to pay ford nearly $600 to replace the plugs after 2 broke on me. I figured "Hey ford is owning up to the problem and going to reimburse everyone for the problem"...34 dollars. Part of the settlement was for owners to mail in -Original- paperwork, so now I don't even have proof. (yes I made copies)
Well after this fiasco I hope a Ford rep reads this. I will seriously consider a GM vehicle when I buy next time. Bye Bye Ford.

Well I also got my settlement check recently. I done forgotten all about the thing since I traded the truck in little over a year ago for a 2012 Mustang GT. Well got a little more than you 67 dollars and some change.

Last edited by hmustang; 03-03-2017 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, just saw this. Was about to throw a pipe through my window thinking I missed out on getting some duckets from Ford to get my plugs changed for me.

But, if I get less than the cost of the Lisle tool, I guess I am not to upset that I missed the deadline.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Spark plug removal

The one item my mechanic brother told me to use to loosen stuck sparkplugs can actually be purchased at mostly any electric motor repair shop...Carbon tetrachloride, or its' IUPAC ID: Tetrachloromethane.

If you do get your hands on some, be very, very very careful using, wear the proper PPE for your own sake, I'm also copying and pasting general safety... Carbon tetrachloride is one of the most potent hepatotoxins (toxic to the liver), so much so that it is widely used in scientific research to evaluate hepatoprotective agents. Exposure to high concentrations of carbon tetrachloride (including vapor) can affect the central nervous system, degenerate the liver and kidneys, and prolonged exposure may lead to coma or death. Chronic exposure to carbon tetrachloride can cause liver and kidney damage and could result in cancer. See safety data sheets.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I just got a check in the mail today. - $159

Wish it was the whole cost, but will take it.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to send off the information they wanted. From my understanding if you follow the TSB on the removal (Impact tools ) you shouldn't have a problem. I changed mine at 125,000, not one broken plug. Using impact tools.

Quick Reply: Spark plug class action lawsuit