2004 - 2008 F-150

Need help Identifying this leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, im having the same issue with my f150 2005 4.6. Is leaking where the motor mount is. Where you able to find out where the leak was coming from?

Old 11-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F-150 drivers side motor mount leak

Originally Posted by cgndhhh
Hi guys need your help on something. I noticed a leak today that wasn't there a couple days ago. When I got under the truck I noticed that there was a brown/black liquid on the driver side near the engine mount and sway bar. So I cleaned it all up and went for a 10minute drive. When I got back I went under the truck and saw that it was starting to leak again. It seems to be coming from behind the drivers side mount where it connects to the block. The liquid doesnt seem to be oil because its not oily and it dries leaving a residue(as you can kinda see in the bottom of the pic on my cross member) I am beginning to think it might be a freeze plug maybe? But that liquid doesnt look like its coolant, obviously, so I'm a little lost. Any help would be appreciated. I can say that it isn't coming from the oil dipstick tube, not coming from the head gasket area, valve cover gasket looks fine. And the oil filter area is clean and dry as well. Here's a pic of the leak

Attachment 14802
I have the same thin happening. Fluid (looks like oil) leaking from drivers side motor mount. Everything around it looks clean and dry.
Did you find a solution?
MC

Quick Reply: Need help Identifying this leak