2004 - 2008 F-150

plug job getting expensive

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
The guys having serious problems removing the plugs are far and few between. Most get them out with minimal trouble. We have techs on here doing the plugs on a daily basis that rarely break one. Most of them use a a cordless impact or air ratchet. I would not let the plug issue keep me from buying a truck.
Agreed. This issue gets blown way out of proportion. It's not the end of the world, and after you complete the first plug change and follow the TSB, it's never an issue again. We're talking about one major design issue after 100K miles that doesn't reoccur if you add the nickel anti-seize. Seems pretty trivial to me, and surely wouldn't be cause for me to shy away from buying the truck. That being said, the plugs in mine came out without a hitch using regular hand tools.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
The guys having serious problems removing the plugs are far and few between. Most get them out with minimal trouble. We have techs on here doing the plugs on a daily basis that rarely break one. Most of them use a a cordless impact or air ratchet. I would not let the plug issue keep me from buying a truck.
Yep....and I've changed a bunch of them....

Quick Reply: plug job getting expensive