2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford F150 lariat 2004 problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford F150 lariat 2004 problem

I had 3 fords f 150 in the last 2 years and everyone i had would go dead the battery in the winter time only. with a new battery it would kill that battery dead overnight and it would flash the lights inside and outside and making clicking sounds inside also when i tried to start it and it would not stop so i had to pull the battery cable of. and i sold all of them now. but i want to get another ford. if this happens again what should i do?

Old 04-29-2012, 03:27 AM
My 04 explorer did similar things and the all issues just went away. Had the entire charging system checked at Advanced Auto and all checked out fine. Several months passed and just outside Chicago on a brisk minus 18 evening I found myself on the side of 90 dead. Turns out my alternator was to blame even though it had just passed the test. Went another 70k without issue before it was traded in.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Yeah I had my tested also and it was not the alternator. they said it was a computer. but i would not think the computer would do this. then i took it to another ford dealership and they said it was the panic alarm system causing it to run down the battery. so now i am very confused?

Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Electrical always ends up being confusing for me! I don't know man, real weird that all three would have the same thing go on like that, there's a common thread somewhere.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Davidsfarm
I had 3 fords f 150 in the last 2 years and everyone i had would go dead the battery in the winter time only. with a new battery it would kill that battery dead overnight and it would flash the lights inside and outside and making clicking sounds inside also when i tried to start it and it would not stop so i had to pull the battery cable of. and i sold all of them now. but i want to get another ford. if this happens again what should i do?
If it's running down that fast it shouldn't be a problem to troubleshoot and isolate the problem. If it's intermittent, that can be a little more problematic, but still doable. If you don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot it, find an automotive electrical shop and if they can't find it, they should close their doors, because they're not automotive electricians! Most of the time it's a matter of elimination. Some equipment MAY be necessary, but not NECESSARILY.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:03 PM
i have taken it to them and they can't figure it out. so i sold it.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Davidsfarm
i have taken it to them and they can't figure it out. so i sold it.
Sorry about that. Some people name themselves things that they aren't. Sounds like these did. Even the guy who graduated at the bottom of his class still has to eat, so he will still be working for someone, and disappointing his customers. Just be glad you didn't need surgery and they were your Dr.'s.

Quick Reply: Ford F150 lariat 2004 problem