2004 - 2008 F-150

wiper cowl

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will do the fix on Monday.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:22 PM
A little off subject but on either side of the cowl there is a piece of rubber that covers the edges. Mine have dry rotted I guess and broken off. Anyone else have this issue or a fix. I cant find a replacement piece.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
A little off subject but on either side of the cowl there is a piece of rubber that covers the edges. Mine have dry rotted I guess and broken off. Anyone else have this issue or a fix. I cant find a replacement piece.
im having the same problem. its pretty annoying and ugly

Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 AM
i went to the stealership and they said that you cannot buy just those rubber pieces, you have to buy the whole new cowl. $80 per side. For that price, I'm just going to buy a fiberglass Street Scene wiper cowl and not have the issue of dry rot, fading, or the pieces popping apart in the middle. looks cleaner too IMO.
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Scene-E.../dp/B000BREMTC

Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by bconnaway
i went to the stealership and they said that you cannot buy just those rubber pieces, you have to buy the whole new cowl. $80 per side. For that price, I'm just going to buy a fiberglass Street Scene wiper cowl and not have the issue of dry rot, fading, or the pieces popping apart in the middle. looks cleaner too IMO.
I had a feeling thats what my main answer would have to be. Thanks for the heads up

Old 03-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by bconnaway
Mine has been doing this since I got it last July and I can barely stand it anymore. It doesnt rattle, but like most of you...nothing that I have done has fixed it.

My only concern with the aftermarket cowl is that it doesnt have any slots/vents like the stock one. Are you planning on putting some in? If I am correct, this is the intake for the HVAC.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
@djj , that's a good point on the intake for the HVAC. off course now that I've already ordered it LOL. I'm gonna try and look I to it anyway. Once I get the new one on I'll have to try and figure out some tests for the HVAC.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried to find a factory replacement on the internet instead of the dealership and haven't been able to find anything. (except aftermarket) I am going to try the junk yard next..

Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Anything that you get from the junk yard is going to either already be that way or be that way at some point, I suspect.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
@djj , that's a good point on the intake for the HVAC. off course now that I've already ordered it LOL. I'm gonna try and look I to it anyway. Once I get the new one on I'll have to try and figure out some tests for the HVAC.
i read somewhere on here that you have to do a little dremel tool-ing usually to make it fit exactly. But on that thread, im pretty sure they also added some inconspicuous holes to help for systems that are under the cowl. Do some searching and im sure youll find it.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
did the screw trick last night, 5 seconds and done. no more popping up cowl for me anymore.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 AM
I put a screw in mine about 2 months ago. Worked like a charm.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In case anyone is wondering about the Street Scene cowl here is a link on the installation.

http://members.***.net/kinzerford/F-...iper_Cowl.html

The one wiper hole that is enlarged to create ease of installation makes adequate airflow for the hvac system.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
In case anyone is wondering about the Street Scene cowl here is a link on the installation.

http://members.***.net/kinzerford/F-...iper_Cowl.html

The one wiper hole that is enlarged to create ease of installation makes adequate airflow for the hvac system.
was looking for that site when someone mentioned about the the hvac issue. I remembered seeing his install which got me interested in the street scene cowl in the first place. Thought it was his site too that had the really good version for the bambi mod...?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a new replacement cowl for cheap? Bad hail storm ruined mine and my mirrors?

Quick Reply: wiper cowl