2004 - 2008 F-150

15k worth or repairs, she's back!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
15k worth or repairs, she's back!

My truck has been in the body shop for about 45 days. I got into an accident where I got hit going thru an intersection, spun me around and my rear hit another car. After that I continued off the road and went into the woods and smashed a tree in the front right corner(most damage). Oh yeah after my truck was fixed there was a storm and at the body shop a tree or something scratched up my new paint job and they had to repaint it AGAIN. But it's done now.

Anyway, after all the supplements it was 15k worth of damage and the truck looks brand new(painted every panel because trees scratched it up) and I have all new trim as well. Paint job is awesome looks better than factory IMO, has less orange peel for sure than factory. Truck drives great and all body panels are lined up, no complaints about the body work it's 100%. Oh yeah the main frame rails were not damaged so a tweaked frame shouldn't be the issue(the shop but the truck on a frame machine and measured anyway to verify, only frame damage they repaired was for some brackets that got bent). I would use this shop again because I'm 95% satisfied which is all I can hope for.

I do have one issue that I need help with, I don't want to bring it up yet to the shop or insurance unless I know it's accident/repair related:

ISSUE: When driving slow, I hear a squeek from my wheel(pretty sure it's left front but could be left rear). It doesn't sound like a brake wear indicator and when I turn I get some clunking noises. What should I check? (The front left wheel did not get damaged and they didn't do any work to that area, however the left rear was where I got hit by a car in the intersection which ended up destroying the wheel/tire and I have a new wheel/tire and whole new bedside on that side). I will check to see if the axle is bent on the left rear but they said they checked already.

What should I check??

Thanks.

Last edited by Hawkz28; 09-29-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawkz28
My truck has been in the body shop for about 45 days. I got into an accident where I got hit going thru an intersection, spun me around and my rear hit another car. After that I continued off the road and went into the woods and smashed a tree in the front right corner(most damage). Oh yeah after my truck was fixed there was a storm and at the body shop a tree or something scratched up my new paint job and they had to repaint it AGAIN. But it's done now.

Anyway, after all the supplements it was 15k worth of damage and the truck looks brand new(painted every panel because trees scratched it up) and I have all new trim as well. Truck drives great and all body panels are lined up, no complaints about the body work it's 100%. Oh yeah the main frame rails were not damaged so a tweaked frame shouldn't be the issue(the shop but the truck on a frame machine and measured anyway to verify, only frame damage they repaired was for some brackets that got bent). I would use this shop again because I'm 95% satisfied which is all I can hope for.

I do have one issue that I need help with, I don't want to bring it up yet to the shop or insurance unless I know it's accident/repair related:

ISSUE: When driving slow, I hear a squeek from my wheel(pretty sure it's left front but could be left rear). It doesn't sound like a brake wear indicator and when I turn I get some clunking noises. What should I check? (The front left wheel did not get damaged and they didn't do any work to that area, however the left rear was where I got hit by a car in the intersection which ended up destroying the wheel/tire and I have a new wheel/tire and whole new bedside on that side). I will check to see if the axle is bent on the left rear but they said they checked already.

What should I check??

Thanks.
My truck goes "squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak squeak" on one side (right) when I turn right almost every turn, goes away when i press on the brakes.

Pretty sure its my brakes, even though they are new.
Don;t know if thats your problem though, but sounds like it might be.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Maybe brakes... But the axles a good guess too...

When did they say they checked it before or after the repairs?

If before I call Bull @*%&...
If the truck was in bad a shape as it sounds how could they road test it...

Old 09-29-2010, 05:47 PM
It's a bad wheel bearing cause by a bent axle, I've seen it a doezn times. You have to use a run out gauge to check it

Old 09-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Kinda amazed they didn't total it. Insurance companies have to take on the liability of repairs too, so in most cases, big stuff gets totaled.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Have some one follow you while you drive it and watch the back wheels. If they wobble, especially on the side that was hit, it's probably a bent axle. Squeak could be from the rear disc wobbling into and out of the pads.

Just a thought.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Trending Topics

Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I would let the insurance company know ASAP there is a potential problem. The longer you wait the more they will be able to possibly say it is not accident related.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
I pulled the wheels and fixed it, it was just the pads. Also, since the truck was sitting for so long they were sticking as well which I also fixed.

On a side not I noticed a ding in the tailgate that wasn't there before the accident, so I called insurance about it. They were god about it and I dropped off my tailgate last night and the shop is fixing that to.

I'm 100% satisfied, truck looks new and drives great.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by SuperSlabCab
Kinda amazed they didn't total it. Insurance companies have to take on the liability of repairs too, so in most cases, big stuff gets totaled.
I hear you, they originally estimated 12k for the fix. Truck was worth 22k KBB.

After all the work though and the body shop finding additional damage the insurance company is looking at about 16k worth of damage.

My insurance company was really good and fixed everything(they even gave me a new carseat because mine was in the truck thank god baby wasn't in it).

The thing is to that the accident was 100% NOT my fault so my insurance company got all the money they spent back from the other insurance company who's insured rammed me off the road like a maniac

Quick Reply: 15k worth or repairs, she's back!