2004 - 2008 F-150

how to get yellow out of headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how to get yellow out of headlights?

I didn't notice that my headlights were a little yellow but I do now. I just had my truck get out of the body shop for collision repair and they changed the front right headlight and foglight to brand new ones. My rleft side headlights and fog is factory from 2006. I can clearly see that the old lights (fog and headlight) have a yellow tinge compared to the new lights.

Anyone have luck with those headlight restorer stuff or should I not worry about it?? I don't know if it gets yellow on the outside or inside of the headlights, if it's inside I don't see how those headlight polishes would work?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the cleaning solvent csr on mine and they look new. be care full it does not touch plastic or rubber it will make that stuff grey

Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tiresmokindad
I used the cleaning solvent csr on mine and they look new. be care full it does not touch plastic or rubber it will make that stuff grey
Cool I'll try that. I'm going to wait for 3-4 months though because the paint shop says 3 months for the paint to fully cure(whole front end is repainted). In case I get a drop on the paint I don't want to get it on paint that's not fully hardened yet..............

Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 PM
glc
Received 769 Likes on 710 Posts
Try some Meguiar's PlastX.

Quick Reply: how to get yellow out of headlights?