2004 - 2008 F-150

NCSU's HID Retrofit Headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX
I didn't even post in this thread until today because I didn't want to hijack. Although when people ask questions, someone has to answer.

I didn't mean to cause any trouble Steve.
Now Jen on the other hand. Anything to up the post count.

No worries! I must have missed the original posting of your pics.

Looks good, don't know how often I'd rock the purple though! I also had a fogging problem on the drivers side... Only happened once though.

Are you using a block heater?

- NCSU

Old 01-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
No worries! I must have missed the original posting of your pics.

Looks good, don't know how often I'd rock the purple though! I also had a fogging problem on the drivers side... Only happened once though.

Are you using a block heater?

- NCSU

Thanks man. I've never rocked the purple. My favorites in order are red, green and blue.
Why do you ask if I'm using a block heater? Because of the cord coming out the front? That's just the controller for the backlighting, the wire wasn't long enough to get into the cab so I just have it laying in that lower grill area for now.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
... I've never rocked the purple....

Why do you ask if I'm using a block heater? Because of the cord coming out the front? That's just the controller for the backlighting, the wire wasn't long enough to get into the cab so I just have it laying in that lower grill area for now.
Yup, that's what I saw.

You're running switchbacks in the turn signal right? How are those working out for ya?

- NCSU

Old 01-11-2011, 09:03 AM
The switchbacks are awesome!! I love them. When I had my stock lights with the chrome turn signal bowl, I used them a lot as just my running lights. They are pretty bright, and are only 60 leds. Vleds makes them in a 90 led now. Pricey but worth it IMO. V-leds has made a lot of money from me alone. lol I always love watching them fade out and then become white again when I'm looking at the reflection on the back of cars I'm driving behind. They are probably thinking "what the hell?" when my light suddenly goes out after being amber and then fades into a bright white. haha

Old 01-13-2011, 05:08 AM
- NCSU
Hey NCSU, You didn't happen to try and peek into the housings at the projectors did you, You see where the Devil Eyes LED is and how it was secured??

Does anyone know if you can change the Automatic lights photo sensor to power the parking lights instead of the headlights??
Also does anyone know a power source that is only active in all gears except park (If we find this out Autolights can stay the way they are)???

[thought] Now I have to figure out how to re-wire my Fogs to work with Headlights only but still be able to go on with park lights if done manually and be Master on/off by stock switch. [/thought]

Old 01-13-2011, 05:32 AM

update with pix again!

Ok, Brian sent me some pix today. He said he has some work to do on them but he said he should have them done within the next 2 weeks. Been a long time coming and I am ready!

Old 01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I like the way those are turning out! ^^^^^^

Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by poonjahb
Just got them back yesterday. They look even better in person. Hopefully will be able to get them installed tonight and post some pics up within the next day or two depending on the darn midwestern weather.
Hey poonjahb, did you ever get these installed? I put an order in with Brian, and I am thinking of having them done like yours. So far, I am going to go with the projectors and E55 shrouds with the large, 7" halo around the large housing and the projectors and halo around the turn signals as well.

I still need to decide if I want to do any kind of backlighting firing out of the shroud vents or if I want to keep the halo around the projector in addition to the halo around the housing. I am also contemplating getting the housing painted. I am not sure what the black would look like since my truck is two tone copper and gold/tan. Brian suggested maybe getting the housing painted to match the gold metallic two-tone. It would probably go good with the color scheme, but I haven't seen anyone do anything like it. What do you guys think? I tried to do some photoshopping to see:

Stock:

Paint to match (I think it would be a little lighter than this)

Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 PM
^ I'd PTM the copper/red over the gold/tan.

Originally Posted by Ace_boy2099
Hey NCSU, You didn't happen to try and peek into the housings at the projectors did you, You see where the Devil Eyes LED is and how it was secured??
Sorry but no. I didn't really look into it before I installed them.

- NCSU

Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 AM

Here is the latest update. should have them by the middle of next week! Freakin siked!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:53 AM
^ I'd PTM the copper/red over the gold/tan.
- NCSU
Agreed, Brian and I discussed and I am going with the copper PTM.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 AM
j.walton - lookin' good! The paint and the black reflector look great.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 AM
I didn't even post in this thread until today because I didn't want to hijack. Although when people ask questions, someone has to answer.

I didn't mean to cause any trouble Steve.
Now Jen on the other hand. Anything to up the post count.
You brat! I just saw this. :o

Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by eghead
j.walton - lookin' good! The paint and the black reflector look great.
Thanks! Supost to get them next week. It's hard to notice in these pix but the lends over the hole light is lightly smoked. I expect it to show up better on the truck.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Well here is a video of the finished headlights. I half to load the still photos to photobucket but I will have them up here for too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9udr8inpKXk

Quick Reply: NCSU's HID Retrofit Headlights...