2004 - 2008 F-150

How do you measure for a level?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you measure for a level?

Just wondering, I wanted to bring the front of my truck up, so its level.

its a 2006 F-150 Subercab XLT 4X2, I do not tow or haul, and if I do its very rare and light.

I was thinking a 1.5" level would be right, how hard are they to install?
Does it take long?

a 2" would be close to too much I think, and anything larger is way to much, judging by eye. If the front is not perfectly even, just down a little it won't be a big deal.

I wanted to find a set used cheaply, or maybe a good new kit for cheep. I would like to spend less than $80.

Do they just go between the truck and the front struts? thats what it look like to me, if so they must be pretty easy to install.

Should I get my truck re aligned after?

Also, I am looking for a cheep set of step bars to fit a supercab. 6 1/2 bed. black.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a level surface just measure from the ground to the bottom center of your fender well on the front and back to see what the difference is. That will give you a good idea of what you need. A 1.5 would definitly not be too much IMO. There are several good spacers that are all basically the same. Many of us use Autospring. They can be found on ebay. Read this thread, https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...ll-photos.html, it is not walk in the park but if you have the right tools it can be done yourself. And yes you will have to have the front end re aligned.

Quick Reply: How do you measure for a level?