2004 - 2008 F-150

Air only thru dash vents

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air only thru dash vents

I noticed yesterday that on my 2008 F150, I could only get air to flow thru the dash vents regardless to where the selector was set. There is no air to the defroster or floor.

I mad an appointment at my local dealer (not selling dealer) to get it fixed.

Have there been many problems with this?

Any idea what is wrong?

I have found in the past it is best to know all you can before visiting the dealer.

( I had this posted in the HVAC section and wasn't getting many views)

Old 03-19-2010, 06:46 PM
check the vacuum lines, i had that same problem on my old truck, a vacuum line under the hood was cracked, replaced it and all was good

Old 03-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sounds just like the problem i was having,it was the blend door motor. When it would work for me it sounded like it had sand in it while it was changing spots.

Take it to the dealer...it is fairly a big job....whole dash needs to come out

There is a TSB for this too.

On a side not....this is how I got it back from the dealer after they "fixed" that problem.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...-disaster.html

Last edited by blackjack8900; 03-20-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 AM
I heard it is probobly a bad actuator that positions the vent door and it is buried fairly deep in the dash.

Now your story Blackjack, has me sacred.

I took my truck back to the selling dealer with 4000 miles on it because the rear emeregency break hung up and got it back with grease on the drivers seat and stearing wheel. When I complained about it, the mechanic checked the back of his pants and was upset that he got rustproofing on them from my truck! The sevice manager didn't seem to react, but did get the detailer to clean up my truck seat. That was the last of my business they got.

Now, 16000 miles later I have this problem and I decide to take it to my local dealer. However 13 years ago, this dealer screwed up my old truck big time. Somehow they managed to destroy on side of the bed when I took it in for routine service. They service adiser was pulling it into a service bay and somehow got tooo close to the service desk and put a crease the full lengt of the side of the bed. My 6 month old truck had to have the right side of the bed replaced. It took a while, but I did finally get them to fix it right, but I swore to never use that dealer again. (after I used up the $200 of service they gave me).

In the last 13 years there has been a complete turn over of personell at that dealer, so maybe I won't have too much of a problem.

Quick Reply: Air only thru dash vents