2004 - 2008 F-150

Won't go into park!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Won't go into park!!!

So I get home from work, go to put my truck into park and it won't even go into reverse! There's about 6-8 inches of nice wet slushy snow and I think thats what is killin me. Truck is an FX4 with the skidplate and I'm thinkin the slush has built up on top of that skid plate and is packed in around the shifting linkage. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem and if they have any quick fixes. I've got the truck half pulled into the garage, with the key still in it, and tryin to melt the snow off the bottom. Unfortunatly I don't have a small enough heater to sit underneath her. I guess I'm just rantin cause there's not a whole lot I can do. Snow in Texas.....Thanks for the global warming Al Gore!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Never had that problem and I have been busting through snow banks for the past few days

Old 02-12-2010, 01:10 AM
TLMUSTANG92 -- I actually just had this issue as I was pulling in my home and was on here searching to see if anyone else has had that problem... I just slid it down into 1st and then quickly back up towards park and it worked... You're probably right about ice build up, just keep working with it man.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 AM
Originally Posted by XBrandonDaBomB
TLMUSTANG92 -- I actually just had this issue as I was pulling in my home and was on here searching to see if anyone else has had that problem... I just slid it down into 1st and then quickly back up towards park and it worked... You're probably right about ice build up, just keep working with it man.
Well at least I'm not the only one Ya, I tried workin it back and forth a few times and it still wasn't doing anything. I ended up leaving her sitting in the garage for about 3 hours to melt some of the snow. But I did have to crawl underneath and clear the rest of the snow from the linkage. What a pain in the ***!

Quick Reply: Won't go into park!!!