2004 - 2008 F-150

Rvinyl Dark Smoke tail light Tint with Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rvinyl Dark Smoke tail light Tint with Pics!

My buddy (350Z) and I tackled the Rvinyl today, and were successful!

Its all about how much you heat the stuff up and stretch the crap out of it, and it looks great...we did my tail lights and 3rd brake light, and his front reflectors..

And tomorrow night were doing his reverse lights on back bumper and my SVT lightning tail lights

I picked up a 24" x 72" roll of dark smoke, bottle of rapid-tac, and bottle of rapid-clear for $45 shipped, hell of a deal.

I would definitely recommend this stuff! Light shows through it fine

Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Looks great!! Is the shade you used on your tails the darkest you can get or can you get lighter tint aswell?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 AM
wow i really like this... so how exactly is it done i have wanted mine done for a while i know some people who have used spray tint but i dont know bout that

Old 12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by grassmanfx4
Looks great!! Is the shade you used on your tails the darkest you can get or can you get lighter tint aswell?
Yes, they make a "Light smoke", but you can barely even tell theyre smoked with it. I used "Dark Smoke", and I would definitely recommend buying a roll and cutting yourself, it gives you room around the edges to really heat it up and stretch it...

Originally Posted by tsunamimike
wow i really like this... so how exactly is it done i have wanted mine done for a while i know some people who have used spray tint but i dont know bout that
thanks man

When you order it, you need to order the Rapid-Tac to go with it.

-Remove lights from truck
-clean with some sort of prep fluid (prep-all)
-wet down the light with rapid tac
-measure out and peel off the piece of vinyl (after you measure and cut for how big your light is)
-Soak down the sticky side of the vinyl with rapid-tac
-Place on light, and work out and adjust any big bubbles or creases
-Sit down, and sandwich the light between your knees, and go all the way around the edge of the light, pulling up and pulling towards you, while a friend has a blowdryer aimed at the tint your pulling, this makes it heat up and stretch..It is okay if it hangs over a little bit, just make sure to seal it down to the backside of the light. When you get about a 3" section around the permiter looking good, then move over 3" and lift up on the tint if you need to, and pull towards you (while he's blowdrying the tint)

Its something you just have to get the hang of, I think my buddy and I are doing our other friends titan on 35's tail lights this week, I'll take better pics of the process then...

Hope this helped! Oh and also, theres instruction videos on their website: www.rvinyl.com, but I didnt follow those instructions for the most part.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Man, i give you all the credit in the world. I tried that, gave up real quick. Had the blow dryer and everything. Even tried a smaller piece and it looked like crap. Must be the quality of the vynl or something, i got mine off ebay. I also ordered spray tint from ebay. That was easy. ha

Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
hopefully it last long. You all can do it for guys on the site here if its not that big of a PIA and charge a fee haha

Quick Reply: Rvinyl Dark Smoke tail light Tint with Pics!