2004 - 2008 F-150

EXT Cab rear manual windows, was that available?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXT Cab rear manual windows, was that available?

Wondering if there were ever manual rear windows for an extended cab. I would like to put some in my 06 STX if possible. Any one know?

Old 12-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Are you talking about the windows in the rear half doors or the rear slider?

If it's the Half Doors I don't think so but I have seen trucks with them as automatic and I've always wondered if that was a factory option or aftermarket.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by 08stx4x4
Are you talking about the windows in the rear half doors or the rear slider?

If it's the Half Doors I don't think so but I have seen trucks with them as automatic and I've always wondered if that was a factory option or aftermarket.
Sorry, yes the windows in the rear half doors. I have seen trucks with what I am assuming are power windows on an ext. cab.

I guess that I could use the window track from the power windows and have the remaining parts fabricated into a crank window.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The 04-08 ext cabs or scabs do not have a manual window regulator for the rear windows. The XL and STX got manual windows as standard, XLT's, FX4's, lariats got power windows as standard. The STX rear doors have the window track already in the doors, they just have a lock bar to keep the window up. Remove the bar and install a window regulator and its wiring and switches and you now have power windows in the back doors. BJP207 found a set of XLT door panels w/switches and now he has oem power windows in his STX.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The factory rear windows actually have a track and regulator and stud to put a crank on, it would just have to be a modified crank so that it wouldn't run into the door armrest, it is definetely doable with some minor fabrication, but for all that effot might as well do power

Old 12-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by bjp207
The factory rear windows actually have a track and regulator and stud to put a crank on, it would just have to be a modified crank so that it wouldn't run into the door armrest, it is definetely doable with some minor fabrication, but for all that effot might as well do power
If I were to put a small **** on it, would that work?

The only reason I want to lower the back windows is for my dog. I have had enough of the hot stinky dog breath in my face.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I wish you could let down the rear windows in a regular cab.

Trending Topics

Old 12-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah if you drill a hold thru the panel and put a small crank on it they will open

Quick Reply: EXT Cab rear manual windows, was that available?