2004 - 2008 F-150

Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need opinions

Hey all been trying to decide if I want to blackout my truck or leave the shiny stuff on it. Kinda came up with a list for both and just want everyones opinion on what they think.

Option 1 Blackout:
Black wheels (not decided which style)
Painted black roush grille
Black N-Fabs
Black Head and Tails
PTM Bumpers
Paint Emblems and put Black and Maroon Overlays on

Option 2 keep the shiny stuff:
Chrome Wheels
Chrome Roush Grille
Black N-Fabs still
Same heads and tails
Leave bumpers chrome
Chrome and Maroon overlays

I have other stuff I want to do Lvling kit light bar up front tint. Just looking for some ideas. If anyone has anything to add or change to my list please feel free. Pic up top is a mostly current pic. Only difference is the 4x4 sticker and sticker pinstripe crap is not on there any more. Thanks

Old 11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
It's a matter of taste...

[IMG][/IMG]It really depends on how much money you have in your wallet and and how bad you really want to black it out. It's going to cost a fortune to really do a great blackout job on your truck. Unless you really commit to it, it probably won't look right IMHO. Blackout looks great on black, white and silver trucks but it's personal taste on the other colors. Just my two cents....

Old 11-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah i kinda figured it would cost a bunch which whatever ya know i just wanna know if ppl think it would look good blacked out or not.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Suspended
depends on your rim style.

id vote"

20" black mazzi hulks (just enough black to match n-fabs, but enough chrome to match bumpers)
33" all terrains
n-fabs

Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree that blackout looks great on black, maybe white. Not so much in other colors since the amount of blackout would still be minimal in comparison to the color of the truck. I think I like option #2 better. I have also been debating doing this with my truck (even though it is a dark green).

Old 11-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by hattrick350
I agree that blackout looks great on black, maybe white. Not so much in other colors since the amount of blackout would still be minimal in comparison to the color of the truck. I think I like option #2 better. I have also been debating doing this with my truck (even though it is a dark green).

for your truck id vote for a FX4 set up. PTM your bumpers and grill surround, fx4 h-bar grill, put fx4 unpainted flares on, and fx4 18's. i love seeing fx4' look alikes in colors that weren't offered as a factory option. and if you have grey/black interior put the carbon fiber dash pieces.

Quick Reply: Need opinions