2004 - 2008 F-150

critique my truck:)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
IMO it looked better lowered, but the wheels were and still are quite ugly.
ouch theres some *** holes on this site and i think your the biggest one that ive dealt with... i didnt ask for *** hole comments just suggestions. im 18, if i could **** out money and buy expensive wheels i sure as hell would have them. no these werent the ones i wanted but they are going to have to do until i get the money to get the exact ones i want

Old 08-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Impact9
ahh man come on you got to post current pictures so we don't point out things that are already fixed. GeesH!
haha i know i know my bad just havent been able to... ill get them someday

Old 08-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
You asked for your truck to be critiqued. If you couldn't afford the ones you wanted, why did you get those?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:48 PM
bc when i got them i was 16 and thought i liked them and knew nothing about stuff like that. if i would have know i would have gotten the black mazzi hulks.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Well there you go. Get a set of those and your score will go from meh/5 to 3-4/5.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:54 PM
what does this mean

meh/5 to 3-4/5.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Old 08-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
interesting

Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to post some more current pictures man. I like your truck though.

So you have an FX2 valence? Or did you buy a new bumper and valence? You have a new rear bumper now, correct?

From that old picture, it does look like a mix between a street truck and an offroad truck. That's understandable since you are transitioning.

*I would paint the calipers a gloss black. It will match the truck better.
*An FX2 lower valence might look out of place on a lifted truck, as it defeats the purpose.
*Do you have a frontal shot of the hood scoop. I think they look good on a lot of trucks, but they are more of a street truck look.
*I really like the ram air hoods. I have seen plenty on some sharp looking lifted trucks.
*I think the side vents look pretty nice. Are they cut out or stick ons?
*Have you thought about painting your current wheels? Powdercoating, or rattlecan? It maybe a cheap temporary solution until you get the wheels you want.
*35" tires are a good size tire. Any bigger and you would want to re-gear. 35" tires look small on big wheels, you just have to get more aggressive tread to make it look more rugged.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by rednoved
You have to post some more current pictures man. I like your truck though.

So you have an FX2 valence? Or did you buy a new bumper and valence? You have a new rear bumper now, correct?

From that old picture, it does look like a mix between a street truck and an offroad truck. That's understandable since you are transitioning.

*I would paint the calipers a gloss black. It will match the truck better.
*An FX2 lower valence might look out of place on a lifted truck, as it defeats the purpose.
*Do you have a frontal shot of the hood scoop. I think they look good on a lot of trucks, but they are more of a street truck look.
*I really like the ram air hoods. I have seen plenty on some sharp looking lifted trucks.
*I think the side vents look pretty nice. Are they cut out or stick ons?
*Have you thought about painting your current wheels? Powdercoating, or rattlecan? It maybe a cheap temporary solution until you get the wheels you want.
*35" tires are a good size tire. Any bigger and you would want to re-gear. 35" tires look small on big wheels, you just have to get more aggressive tread to make it look more rugged.

calipers- strongly agree with this. had em painted red about 2 years ago and havent gotten around to repainting.

valance- idk about an fx2 valance but i am going to need a new one once i get a bull bar i think.

hood scoop- let me look for a pic and ill post if i do

fender vents- they are cut in so no changing those lol

painting wheels?- how much does it costs to do that? i have thought about it but thought it costed quite a bit

tires- can i even go any bigger with a 6 inch lift? also im already getting 4.56 gears put in while im on vacation this week. and i think i should have gotten mud terrain tires instead now

Old 08-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by will09lane
calipers- strongly agree with this. had em painted red about 2 years ago and havent gotten around to repainting.

valance- idk about an fx2 valance but i am going to need a new one once i get a bull bar i think.

hood scoop- let me look for a pic and ill post if i do

fender vents- they are cut in so no changing those lol

painting wheels?- how much does it costs to do that? i have thought about it but thought it costed quite a bit

tires- can i even go any bigger with a 6 inch lift? also im already getting 4.56 gears put in while im on vacation this week. and i think i should have gotten mud terrain tires instead now
i have an fx2 bumper on it now
I thought you were talking about an FX2 valance. So you just have a PTM bumper pretty much? Whats underneath, black plastic like on the chrome bumper? If it is, I would keep that.

I like the fender vents, I wouldn't change them. I was just trying to give some positive comments to offset the rude ones.

I'm not sure on the cost for the wheels. I would call around in your area and find the best price. A member named DrewserB on here had his done and they look awesome. Here is a link to his thread. https://www.f150online.com/forums/ap...-out-pics.html

Old 08-16-2009, 12:45 AM
well thanks rednoved and yes the black plastic is on it. i just have to PTM the rear bumper but its black right now so no big deal. and im glad i wasnt the only one noticing the rude comments lol ill check out the thread and thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 AM
No problem.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:02 AM
If you get a body lift you could fit up stuff 40's but I wouldn't. I think 37's would be better though. It might balance out with the wheels too.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:38 AM
not the biggest fan of the truck. you need to ditch those wheels taillights and the hoodscoop asap. paint the calipers, not black. black will just blend in the the rest of the suspension and you wont be able to see them. dont get black mazzis either. the black and machined wheels are very ugly in my opinion and look very cheap. if you want hulks do what i did, find a used set on ebay for like 500 bucks. buy then and have the black chromed. Its a very sexy look to the wheels and it will set you apart from the other 90 lifted trucks with them.

I wouldnt get the bullbar. but thats just me, i think they look dumb and not useful, they look like your trying to hard to make "that look"

dont let age be the excuse for not having something because of money, im not that much older than you, a year or two. and i work 40 hours and go to school aswell. its rough but if you want the stuff you have to bust your ***!

Quick Reply: critique my truck:)