2004 - 2008 F-150

Roush CAI

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if I am looking at getting exhaust for my truck, should I save up and get exhaust, intake, and a programer all together? Or is it ok if I get just exhaust for now?

Old 03-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Hi again, sir!

Sorry - 'TF' stands for Transfer Function. In essence, the table of pre-defined values stored in the PCM that 'translates' the voltage seen from the MAF to a specific Mass airflow at any given point in time. The voltage goes through an A/D converter (analog-digital), and the resultant values are expressed as 'counts' in PCM geek-speak.

You see, the MAF is merely 'sampling' a small portion of the flow in a very rigourously determined & controlled location within that intake tube. The propeller-heads also dictate the precise geometry of the intake tube at this location; that along with the table, allows the actual flow to be known with very high accuracy.

This table is fixed to the stock intake in the stock strategies. Any good CAI worthy of any performance will need a different one to be embedded within the tuning, as the loaction and/or geometry of the intake tube has likely changed.

Clear enough? I'm sorry if it isn't - trying my best here, but I'm just an old ignant feller meeself...

Cheers!

MGD v4.2
no that actually sums it up pretty well for me thanks for you input... plus there is nothing wrong with being a old ignant felle really though thanks again...

Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by mcline86
kinda funny. i wonder how much he paid for his....cuz i think i got mine online for like 260$ if i remember correctly.
The Roush is a rebadged Airaid, however some people prefer to have the name or to keep in a certain line of products. I.E. I have my Roush grille, fuel door, just ordered the intake, and considering swapping out my exhaust set up for a Roush Off-Road. If I had the money, a Roushcharger package would be on the way! It really is just personal preference. Just like how a few years ago, there were dozens, if not hundreds of people that swore by the S&B sealed intake, yet now you'd be lucky to find a handful that still had it. As a comparison, I've done a little price comparison on some of the bigger name intakes, and I was very very surprised at the prices that came up. You may find them cheaper, or more expensive, but this was a general search for CAI on 2008 F150 5.4L 3 valve trucks:

Volant - $260
S&B - $269
AEM Bruteforce - $296
K&N FIPK - $319
Airaid - $325
Roush - $336
Air Force One - $399
Banks - $399
aFe - $425 (I think this was their "stage 2" intake?)

Going by my "shot in the dark" research, the Roush and Airaid were comparatively priced. I know the Roush at one point was more, perhaps the price has come down because they realize that people know it's an Airaid with a new badge? Actually found the Roush for as low as $303 at http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...7&currency=USD

Old 03-20-2010, 05:59 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ryan42680
The Roush is a rebadged Airaid, however some people prefer to have the name or to keep in a certain line of products. I.E. I have my Roush grille, fuel door, just ordered the intake, and considering swapping out my exhaust set up for a Roush Off-Road. If I had the money, a Roushcharger package would be on the way! It really is just personal preference. Just like how a few years ago, there were dozens, if not hundreds of people that swore by the S&B sealed intake, yet now you'd be lucky to find a handful that still had it. As a comparison, I've done a little price comparison on some of the bigger name intakes, and I was very very surprised at the prices that came up. You may find them cheaper, or more expensive, but this was a general search for CAI on 2008 F150 5.4L 3 valve trucks:

Volant - $260
S&B - $269
AEM Bruteforce - $296
K&N FIPK - $319
Airaid - $325
Roush - $336
Air Force One - $399
Banks - $399
aFe - $425 (I think this was their "stage 2" intake?)
Gotts - $10

Going by my "shot in the dark" research, the Roush and Airaid were comparatively priced. I know the Roush at one point was more, perhaps the price has come down because they realize that people know it's an Airaid with a new badge? Actually found the Roush for as low as $303 at http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...7&currency=USD
Good morning Mr. Ryan sir!

Nicley done. Please keep in mind that AF1 is no longer in production, so finding one may be difficult.

And - I took the liberty of adding one more

Have a great weekend, sir!

MGD v4.2

Old 03-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey, thanks...again, some numbers may be a little high, particularly the aFe!? But they had several different styles; a stage 2, stage 2 si, super stock system, etc., so not sure which one of those compares closer to other CAIs. Is the Gotts safe on NBS trucks? I saw older threads wioth people going on and on that it is for 97-03 trucks and can really hurt 04-08? What happened to AF1?! I thought they were getting bigger? I've been out of the loop for a while I guess!

Quick Reply: Roush CAI