2004 - 2008 F-150

WeatherTech Window Vent Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WeatherTech Window Vent Issue

I recently bought a set of WeatherTech in-channel side window deflectors for my screw. I began installing them and the rear doors went fine with no issues. My problem is with the front doors. Specifically the leg that runs down along the mirror. They supply you with a clip that slips into the channel where the window slides into the door when it goes down. The bottom of the leg is suppose to go into this clip. I already broke one deflector trying to bend it enough to get into the clip. Then when I got the other one into the clip it looks like sh@t!. Instead of the leg being set in the channel along the mirror it actually sticks out and sits on the clip on the outside of the door. If you didn't know any better it looks like the leg is too long for the window but its designed this way because they supply you a clip for this along with special instruction for 2004-2008 F-150's.

Anybody else have this issue with these? Any recommendations for other brands that fit in the channel better? Or that don't have a "leg"?

Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a set of the egr in-channel on my truck, and they fit and worked great. They were a little tricky to get in at first, but no clips just pops into place. But they also have the leg down by the mirror, but its real low profile and sleek.

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Window Vent Issue