2004 - 2008 F-150

Keypad lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATOM
you plan on changing the color is the keypad?
You know, Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it would look great if I changed the LED's to blue to match the truck instead of the green that Ford uses. Thanks for the idea. This is going to turn into quite a nice little project!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 PM
are you kidding me?

you seem to have some serious issues not acting like a 4 year old who needs a nap. whinning about a lack of timeliness of response, someone actually pointing out rules for your signature and my favorite "I an not some snot nosed kid that me daddy gave everything to. I am most likely older than most others here. You need your A$$ kicked." lighten up you self important, oversensative old fart

Old 03-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Mine went out also but it was under warranty so the dealer fixed it.
ps I don't were panties but if i did they would be something unusual.

Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by the4by4freek
A new user!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? I got the answer I was looking for. Look at my join date! If I didn't contribute anything to this forum, I wouldn't have said anything. I have found fixes for the cowl issue, and successfully repaired them. Posted installs for I pod installs and many others. You are a new poster..... WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME ANYTHING! Just because I don't have a million posts doesn't mean I haven't been here for a long time..... it just means I have other things to do. For your information, I might have an issue that no one else has come across yet! When I do get it repaired, I will, as always post the repair for it along with the procedure to do so, just like I have always done in the past! If you had been here before, you would have known that! Now, I have nothing more to say other than GO AWAY! I an not some snot nosed kid that me daddy gave everything to. I am most likely older than most others here. You need your A$$ kicked.
Hey Internet toughguy/ armchair bada$$....I would venture by your remarks that you are some spoiled rich boy who by all accounts has a complex. You have to tell everybody all the "great" things you have done for the site. Now relax and go drink some of momma's cookies and milk. I have spoken my opinion of you and ....Thats all folks!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by 1097
Hey Internet toughguy/ armchair bada$$....I would venture by your remarks that you are some spoiled rich boy who by all accounts has a complex. You have to tell everybody all the "great" things you have done for the site. Now relax and go drink some of momma's cookies and milk. I have spoken my opinion of you and ....Thats all folks!
Just a FYI..... I am a 39 yr old contractor, cabinet builder. About 175#. If you think you can handle it come on. I'm in NC. If you feel froggy jump! Also, I have NEVER had anything handed to me. I have worked for everything I and my family have. 4 vehicles, 4 bedroom home that I personally built, a $30,000 RV, a good stable job, and a life. Like I said, this is now your second post and I still don't think any better of you. If you want to come by here and get some of this hard working man, then come and get it! Just be prepared and bring your A game. Mine is already here. Let me know if you want directions. OBTW....... why don't you use the search feature on this site to look up my posts. It is pretty extensive. Everything from towing and hauling to F-150's and I believe that there might be a few in the Expedition forum. Just let me know when you want to come by. All you new users need to learn some respect. Maybe you'll screw up really good and get banned!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Suspended
When you have the handle apart would you mine taking pictures of it? I think it would be cool and cheap to change the color in the keypad. Im positive I can handle the replacing of the bulbs, just would like to see what Im getting myself into before I start.

Oh and Im with ya on the newbies. When people join just to leave a useless rude comment. It just pisses me off.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by squirtbottle09
When you have the handle apart would you mine taking pictures of it? I think it would be cool and cheap to change the color in the keypad. Im positive I can handle the replacing of the bulbs, just would like to see what Im getting myself into before I start.

Oh and Im with ya on the newbies. When people join just to leave a useless rude comment. It just pisses me off.
I'll take plenty of pictures when I do this. It's camping season now, *** that to many home remodeling projects that people want done and I have a busy spring planned. It might be a while but there will be pics when i do the project.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 PM
hey since you know what your doing with this can you tell me what bulbs i should use for all the door switches, im trying to change all my interior lights to red

Old 04-25-2009, 05:16 AM
the door switches doesnt use bulbs. u are going to need led's. it is a very time consuming project. took me about 15hours to do ALL the lights in the switches, headlight switch, a/c controls to blue. if you're good at soldering and have some patience it can be done. if you want some more info let me know

Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
yes please

especially if you know how many of what kind of light goes in everything...

also i can say ive never soldered before but i have faith i can do it.

Last edited by ZeroDormancy; 04-25-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Mine did the exact same thing, every other light went out. The dealer replaced the complete unit, about $200 parts and labor.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:47 AM
key pad

you will be HARD pressed to change the keypad LED color..I've taken mine apart about 6 months ago when I did the full LED conversion on my truck. The way the wires are ran into the back of the key pad housing leaves NO room to flip the pad open to expose the LED's. You will have to cut the pad apart, then change the LED's then try and reassemble the pad together again. I've bought 4 key pads to practice with and then I'll get a process down and be able to post a good read on it.

also for the door switches being inter. Check to see that the next time the lights on the door are off, see if the window lock switch on the drivers master panel isn't on.... when you turn the window lock on, you cut power to the rear switches, which means no up and down, and also no power to the LED's themselves. I had a guy that I did a full truck LED conversion for call me and tell me that his back switches and the pass side window switch didn't light. I told him to turn the window lock on and wala they all lit!

Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 PM
i just tinkered around with everything in the truck today. i ordered what i think is the right led's for the door switches and steering wheel buttons. the thing im not sure about is the hvac and the radio screens. the plastic lens is green plastic, how can i change that color?

Old 04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by ZeroDormancy
i just tinkered around with everything in the truck today. i ordered what i think is the right led's for the door switches and steering wheel buttons. the thing im not sure about is the hvac and the radio screens. the plastic lens is green plastic, how can i change that color?
i used about 50-60 Surface Mount PLCC-2 leds. i didn't use the standard leds you normally see. the HVAC are easily changed with these, as are the steering wheel leds. search for the thread about removing the steering wheel so you can have access to the leds on the steering wheel. when your doing the hvac remember that for the HOT/COLD ****, those led's are already blue and red so you dont need to change those. I also left the AMBER leds that tell you if the defroster, etc. is selected alone.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:24 PM
color swaps

after I do a swap the the radio or the a/c I make a lens out of acrylic plate colored the same as the LEDs. check my pics

Quick Reply: Keypad lighting