2004 - 2008 F-150

Keypad lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keypad lighting

I have an 04 Lariat with keyless entry pad in the drivers door handle. The lights are out in every other button. Are the bulbs replaceable or does the entire pad have to be replaced? If the bulbs can be changed, what is the bulb number. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow! 35 views and no response. I guess I have the only one that has lights out in their keypad. Now I'm upset! I figured that it would have happened to at least someone else.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll reply, but not about the keypad.

Would you please reduce the size of the image in your sig? Full sized images in sigs are overkill.

Last edited by Stealth; 03-15-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:36 PM
It never used to be full sized. This site changed the format and I don't even have my gallery anymore. I cannot resize the image because the URL no longer exists! Maybe I'll just delete the entire account. I have contributed to this site with solutions to issues and I have helped out other members, but lately, it seems that EVERYONE has their panties in a huge WAD! Stealth, thanks for the reply..... even though it didn't help.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by the4by4freek
Wow! 35 views and no response. I guess I have the only one that has lights out in their keypad. Now I'm upset! I figured that it would have happened to at least someone else.
Never happened to me either but I would be interested in the answer for general knowledge.

BTW I have lights out on half the interior rocker door switches. I wonder if they use the same bulbs...

If you need help resizing your sig I will chop it down to a more legal size if you like.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It never used to be full sized. This site changed the format and I don't even have my gallery anymore. I cannot resize the image because the URL no longer exists! Maybe I'll just delete the entire account. I have contributed to this site with solutions to issues and I have helped out other members, but lately, it seems that EVERYONE has their panties in a huge WAD! Stealth, thanks for the reply..... even though it didn't help.
No panties in a wad here, just running the site.

Your old gallery is in here.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries/index.cfm

And here it is.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=7717

There is an an nouncement in the QATS forum about old and new galleries, and has been there for many months.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Old Dogg™
Never happened to me either but I would be interested in the answer for general knowledge.

BTW I have lights out on half the interior rocker door switches. I wonder if they use the same bulbs...

If you need help resizing your sig I will chop it down to a more legal size if you like.
The window switches in mine went out also. They are LED bulbs and the entire switch was replaced by the dealer under warranty. They went out with 25000 on the clock. It looks like I will have to tear the door apart and remove the handle to see what is wrong with the lights and how to fix it. I will post results when I am finished. Thanks for the offer on the sig. I am going to try to figure it out. If I am unsuccessful, I will send you a PM. Thanks for the offer.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
The window switches in mine went out also. They are LED bulbs and the entire switch was replaced by the dealer under warranty. They went out with 25000 on the clock. It looks like I will have to tear the door apart and remove the handle to see what is wrong with the lights and how to fix it. I will post results when I am finished. Thanks for the offer on the sig. I am going to try to figure it out. If I am unsuccessful, I will send you a PM. Thanks for the offer.
At first I barely noticed the rear door on the passenger side being intermittent....I figured it was the rain maybe when someone was getting in or out. Then the lock switch on the passenger door. Now it's half of all the switches have 1 side or both out. One day when im in the OCD mood I will have them all fixed. They did so much free stuff under my warranty (100,000 extended) I wouldn't have the heart to ask about door lite switches. There are still some past problems fixed they say they will redo if it ever comes up again warranty or not.
They were always above and beyond.

Just let me know on the resize. It would take 30 seconds.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:38 PM
the lights in the keypad are led, unless you are really good at soidering then you need to purchase a new one at the stealership.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by adaniels88
the lights in the keypad are led, unless you are really good at soidering then you need to purchase a new one at the stealership.
Thank you. This is the answer I was looking for. I am good at soldering. I will be removing the keypad and replacing the LED's

Old 03-15-2009, 03:36 PM
you need to see of its just the leds out or if the buttons are inop. push each button individually and let it time out and go to the next one. if all light up the leds out if the button is dead you need new switch

Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Drail's FX2
you need to see of its just the leds out or if the buttons are inop. push each button individually and let it time out and go to the next one. if all light up the leds out if the button is dead you need new switch
The buttons work fine. It is just the lights that are out.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:49 AM
Did you get the answer you were looking for? I saw on the other site that NO ONE even bothered to answer your question. Do you think your little temper tantrum you threw after the first post helped out the situation? Learn a little respect and manners and maybe somebody will take the time to help you out. In the meantime have fun figuring out your own problem.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by 1097
Did you get the answer you were looking for? I saw on the other site that NO ONE even bothered to answer your question. Do you think your little temper tantrum you threw after the first post helped out the situation? Learn a little respect and manners and maybe somebody will take the time to help you out. In the meantime have fun figuring out your own problem.
A new user!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME? I got the answer I was looking for. Look at my join date! If I didn't contribute anything to this forum, I wouldn't have said anything. I have found fixes for the cowl issue, and successfully repaired them. Posted installs for I pod installs and many others. You are a new poster..... WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME ANYTHING! Just because I don't have a million posts doesn't mean I haven't been here for a long time..... it just means I have other things to do. For your information, I might have an issue that no one else has come across yet! When I do get it repaired, I will, as always post the repair for it along with the procedure to do so, just like I have always done in the past! If you had been here before, you would have known that! Now, I have nothing more to say other than GO AWAY! I an not some snot nosed kid that me daddy gave everything to. I am most likely older than most others here. You need your A$$ kicked.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you plan on changing the color is the keypad?

Quick Reply: Keypad lighting