2004 - 2008 F-150

4 Wheel Parts Indianapolis??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Wheel Parts Indianapolis??

Anyone have any experience with the 4WP in Indianapolis?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I have, they are good folks.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by PimpRohr
I have, they are good folks.
I really want to install the lift myself because I CAN and could save close to a grand but just don't have a place to do it anymore. Would you trust them to do a good job on an install and not cob things up??

Hey, on your 6" SL...Did you have any problems with using non-SL coil-overs or is it pretty much a direct swap in with the SL kit? I really like the Fabtech kit but don't want to increase front track. Sounds like the SL and PC are the about the only ones that don't, and I don't like the PC kit for various reasons...one being stacking blocks and if I am going to have to buy another block or AAL to avoid it, I might as well get a kit that does it right the first time. Also, does yours relocate the rack?

Thanks man!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I trust most of the 4WP stores I've been to. Indy is a good store.

As for the SL kit, the coilovers for just about anything will work. However, note this, if you use something like a DL Coilover you'll be able to achieve a lot MORE lift with a lot LESS preload, because of the narrower track width. Reason being, because the lower control arm is closer to the shock tower, less legnth is needed to achieve height.

With that said, I chose to move away from my DL coilovers for that reason after having them rebuilt. Because I found my truck with 8" of lift with the factory preload they come with. I went with a custom shock with a .75" less length to them, so I could fine tune my suspension exactly how I want it.

P.S. Your sig is so big it makes my phone wig out, lol.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 AM

I trust most of the 4WP stores I've been to. Indy is a good store.

As for the SL kit, the coilovers for just about anything will work. However, note this, if you use something like a DL Coilover you'll be able to achieve a lot MORE lift with a lot LESS preload, because of the narrower track width. Reason being, because the lower control arm is closer to the shock tower, less legnth is needed to achieve height.

With that said, I chose to move away from my DL coilovers for that reason after having them rebuilt. Because I found my truck with 8" of lift with the factory preload they come with. I went with a custom shock with a .75" less length to them, so I could fine tune my suspension exactly how I want it.
So in your opinion, if I didn't go with the custom shock (depending on cost and hassle) and didn't want to use the supplied shock spacer with the SL kit, how would you do it? What shock would you use?

P.S. Your sig is so big it makes my phone wig out, lol.
I thought it looked like it. I just changed it and must have saved it much larger. Does it look better now?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:09 AM
I've wheeled with some guys from 4wp in indy. Good guys who know seem to their stuff. Haven't had them work on anything of mine though so I can't say too much though.

Where in Indiana are you? I'm up in Noblesville.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 AM
The SL has a spacer (for retaining the stock shock) or 5100s available as well.

Custom shocks aren't that big a hassle, just call them up and tell them what you've got. The cost is within 80 bucks of the DL stuff so what does it matter in that department? Besides, it's cool to be different.

Sig looks better.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Code
I've wheeled with some guys from 4wp in indy. Good guys who know seem to their stuff. Haven't had them work on anything of mine though so I can't say too much though.

Where in Indiana are you? I'm up in Noblesville.
I'm in Zionsville. We used to live in Noblesville out by Morse. Back in IN after a 6 year hiatus in TX and TN. Cold weather sucks!

That's good to know about the Indy guys. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 AM

The SL has a spacer (for retaining the stock shock) or 5100s available as well.

Custom shocks aren't that big a hassle, just call them up and tell them what you've got. The cost is within 80 bucks of the DL stuff so what does it matter in that department? Besides, it's cool to be different.

Sig looks better.
Yeah, I forgot about Bilstein's ...

Cool. I was expecting a lot more difference in cost than out of the box stuff.

I'm still kinda playin' with the sig. I may do a little something different yet.

Thanks man...I'm sure I will have some more questions for you...eventually.

Quick Reply: 4 Wheel Parts Indianapolis??