2004 - 2008 F-150

Pcv valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbird69
The PCV valve on the 5.4 is located in the intake manifold on the drivers side, behind and just below the throttle body. The only thing that connects to the valve cover is the PCV hose. The valve is heated and held in by two bolts and really only requires replacement if the heating element burns out. It's designed to not need regular service or replacement.
Ok thank you ...but now i'm at a loss. The service girl kept saying hose when I asked for a PCV valve install quote, then she old me I had to give my VIN # to parts, for the correct manifold cover as it's built in to the cover and can not be purchased seperatley. $150 quote for that part and special order.

I have replaced the PCV those that goes from the drivers side valve cover towards the throttle body. It has 90 degree black ends that snap on with green clips to the nipples. That was about $40, but I got in in a few hours (and they are close by). I also replaced the vacuum hose to the brake master. I have cleaned the wires in the watchamacallit. I still keep getting the P1074. I disconected the battery for 5 min and stepped on the brake pedal before reconnecting.

Last edited by GoRacer; 01-16-2010 at 03:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by wrench007
Item Part Number Description
1 14A464 Positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) heater element electrical connector
2 6K817 PCV heater element tube quick-release fitting
3 W701724 PCV heater element bolts (2 required)
4 9F695 PCV heater element
5 — PCV heater element O-ring seal (part of 9F695)
#2 - I purchased but there is a preceding #/letter code and a post #/letter code. I can get it out of the truck if anyone wants it but just try to it it off of the old one. The lock is a sliding green lever that rotates horizontaly and both sides are easy to get to and can be removed in the parking lot.

Do the rest of the list need pre & post numbers as well? The parts guy didn't know what I was talking about, especially since he is not familiar with selling the peices seperately.

OK, just tried to google those part #'s and only 14A464 gets a hit and it shows up for a 4.0l SOHC. Does anone have the correct info' for the 5.4l?

Last edited by GoRacer; 01-16-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Hi GoRacer! I have a P0171 code. some f150 members told me check the PCV in order to check leacks but all of them told me the PCV is located on the passanger side but i can't find anything that side. Is it located in the drivers side as Quintin told you? is that a PCV attached with 2 screws to the plenum? or where is located?

Thanks for your help. Hope you alreaday fix your problem.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Is this the PCV?

Is this the PCV? I think it's the blue side. but what is in the yellow side of the picture? I tried to disasembly but the screws are damaged. i can't take apart and its a little loose.

How can i check a leacking point in these hose, and both terminals?

Are any of these parts serviceable? the truck has 189,000 miles and never replaced before.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by artgarcia; 07-21-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
This picture is what is underneath the yellow circle you have posted, I thought it was the PCV valve but I can blow through it on both sides so it is not a check valve (unless mine is shot). I pulled it off and cleaned it but I am not sure what it does. It has the harness connected to it. Does anyone know anything about these check valves??

Name:  54f7c71a.jpg
Views: 25563
Size:  134.2 KB

Old 10-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what your looking at is the IMCV or intake manifold crankcase vent valve as my ford tech calls it. There are also 2 valves, one on the valve cover which is nothing more than a check valve, then the IMCV which is heated and PCM monitored for current draw needed to reach set temp. if it requires to much current the PCM will indicate it is malfunctioning. the IMCV can be cleaned fwiw, but only with something that leaves no residue on the heater element.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by artgarcia

Is this the PCV? I think it's the blue side. but what is in the yellow side of the picture? I tried to disasembly but the screws are damaged. i can't take apart and its a little loose.

How can i check a leacking point in these hose, and both terminals?

Are any of these parts serviceable? the truck has 189,000 miles and never replaced before.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this picture shows exactly what I am looking for. Is he right that the PCV valve is at the blue end of the PCV hose?

Old 02-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by jmt0645
what your looking at is the IMCV or intake manifold crankcase vent valve as my ford tech calls it. There are also 2 valves, one on the valve cover which is nothing more than a check valve, then the IMCV which is heated and PCM monitored for current draw needed to reach set temp. if it requires to much current the PCM will indicate it is malfunctioning. the IMCV can be cleaned fwiw, but only with something that leaves no residue on the heater element.
Don't go looking for a traditional pcv valve. This is a HEATED PCV ELEMENT held by two screws. The Ford part# is 9F624. It is available through eBay. Costs about $50.00 and is easy to install.

Last edited by elkbison; 02-08-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tbird69
The PCV valve on the 5.4 is located in the intake manifold on the drivers side, behind and just below the throttle body. The only thing that connects to the valve cover is the PCV hose. The valve is heated and held in by two bolts and really only requires replacement if the heating element burns out. It's designed to not need regular service or replacement.
what are the symptoms when the heater goes out

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Pcv valve?