2004 - 2008 F-150

Headlights on when key fob unlock buttong pressed

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not around here you dont. i couldnt even buy .22 ammo for myself until i turned 21

Old 09-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I don't live in Commifornia. I buy my own ammo, as well as any other person 18+.
I thought it was federal law that you had to be 21 to buy handgun ammo?

lol shows how much i know/care about handguns.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Capbyrd
not around here you dont. i couldnt even buy .22 ammo for myself until i turned 21
Weird. In Florida you can buy ammunition or rifles/shotguns at the age of 18.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by NVERL8
Dont see anything in the manual about perimeter lighting........

I know about the seat belt chime disable trick, that is why i thought there might be a similare trick to turning off these lights.
Under "Locks and Security" on page 91 of my truck's manual.

Enabling/disabling the perimeter lighting feature.

Your vehicle comes with the perimeter lighting feature enabled. To disable or re-enable this feature, perform the following steps within 30 seconds:
1. Turn the ignition to the ON position, then press the unlock control 3 times.

2. Turn the ignition to the OFF position, then press the unlock control 3 times.

3. Turn the ignition to the ON position, and within 5 seconds, press the unlock button 2 times. A short horn chirp followed by a long horn activation confirms that the perimeter lighting feature has been enabled. A short horn chirp by itself confirms that the perimeter light feature has been disabled.

4. Pressing the power door lock control 2 times again will turn the feature ON if it was previously OFF, or OFF if it was previously ON. Every two consecutive presses of the door lock control after successfully entering the configuration mode will change the enable/disable condition of the feature.

5. Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit programming.

ox

Old 09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Weird. In Florida you can buy ammunition or rifles/shotguns at the age of 18.
.22 is considered handgun ammo.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Suspended
.22 is considered handgun ammo.
So what? I can buy any type of ammunition be it a hand gun or rifle.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
use your key?
If he has any sort of aftermarket alarm system then there's a pretty good chance it'll go off if you use the key.

One time in the middle of the night, I was thinking the same thing only to have the god damn alarm go off when I put the key in the door.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:59 PM
if he had an aftermarket alarm, would he be having this problem? i dont know cause i havent installed my alarm yet.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
i had a desert eagle 45 when i was 19. didnt have a problem buying ammo in MS or TX.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
back to the original question... when I am camping, I hit unlock, immediately open the door, and then hit lock (once only so it doesn't honk) once the door is open. This quickly shuts the headlights back off.

I wouldn't want to disable the headlight-on action as it is nice to see what you are doing most times when you get to your truck in the dark.

As far as the key... I've never tried it that way either, but I do know that if you unlock it with the keypad on the door it will turn the lights on.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Oxlander
Under "Locks and Security" on page 91 of my truck's manual.

ox
Tried this today and it seemed like it worked (horm honked and everything) however it is not dark enough to try it out. I will have to try tonight. There is no mention of this in my manual though........

Old 09-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I can scroll through my features on my Lariat and choose how long my lights are on after I press the button. I believe deactivating them was one of the features.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't know why one would want to disable this function. Worry about other campers seems not a very good reason. I think its damn fine feature. Just when you need it, you'll be fumbling around trying to re-enable it.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok first off you must be 18 to purchase rifle ammo and 21 to purchase handgun ammo. .22 is used in both rifles and pistols, so if they ask you and you say pistol, by federal law they will not sell to you. They may just turn a blind eye though. With me I just get my dad to pick up tons of 9mm for me. It is not illegal to give to people under 21, you just must be 21 or older to purchase. Just like the federal law that you must be 21 to buy a handgun from a FFL and 18 to buy a rifle/shotgun from a FFL. Private sales of handguns can be conducted as long as the person is 18 in VA as long as it is not a "straw" purchase.

Rag all you want on Glocks. I held the SA XD9 and just liked the Glock better. I do have the 3.5lb connector and spring, extended mag release, extended slide release, and magwell plug. I do love the new trigger pull. I am still breaking the trigger in, but it is easier to stay on target with the lighter pull and my holster (Blackhawk serpa carbon fiber level 2 retention covers the trigger and keeps the pistol safely in it) I love my Glock and am very comfortable with it. I also didn't like all the safeties on XD's. I am sorry, but that is personal preference. That may change in the future, but for now I like it with only the trigger safety since my finger never touches the trigger unless I am going to fire. Everyone is different on what pistols they like and I just so happen to like my Glock. Say what you want, but when it comes down to me and some armed person in the back of a dark parking lot at 2am, I would be glad to have my Glock on my side

Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Suspended
I'm telling you that in Florida you do NOT have to be 21 to buy handgun ammunition. I purchase 9x19 all of the time. If it was against the law, I don't think Walmart would allow me to purchase it. Think about it, they card every single person to buy a Rated R movie, they are on top of their crap.

Don't worry, we were just busting your ***** about the Glock. They are good guns. We just like to bust because there are way too many people who think Glock is the only company to make a good gun. I was actually going to get the G19 but decided on the XD9-Service Bitone. I like the grip safety, the trigger pull was nicer, I liked the fact that I could get it in Bitone, and it felt slightly better in my hand. I've got quite a few mods done to mine, too. I've got a overtravel stop, 3-4 lbs trigger, Wolff 21# guide rod, factory clean-up and polishing, grip tape, etc.

Quick Reply: Headlights on when key fob unlock buttong pressed