Anyone used one of these? Up to double more MPG

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big50
Here's a clip from the article:

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml
you realize that you are a hater and this article is just propaganda that the gov't/car manufacturers are using to repress the HHO technology.

good find...+1 to my post count

Old 07-14-2008, 05:41 AM

+1 again

couldn't help myself...I spent some time going through that link. I had no idea the way these HHO people take scientific studies and twist the wording to create false validation of their claims.

obviously, the guys here on the forum have been reacting from an innate sense that HHO was a scam. coupled with our rudimentary grasp of physics and just plain old common sense, IMO we've torn HHO apart. The aardvark.co.nz site takes real science and shows exactly how HHO is a scam

Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tylus
you realize that you are a hater and this article is just propaganda that the gov't/car manufacturers are using to repress the HHO technology.

good find...+1 to my post count
Why would the gov't and car manufacturers want to repress the HHO technology? What kind of fuel does your black helicopters use?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what most people fail to understand is this...

They (skeptics) claim it takes more energy to make this reaction happen than the energy actually produced. Now that is were 99% of people agree and cry foul against HHO and this would be correct in some sense on a home setup but not on a vehicle. The alternator in a vehicle is generating power no matter what when the engine is running. Now most of these HHO setups are using 1-8 amps. That is no where near straining any descent electrical system. Your MPG is not going to suffer in any significant manner if at all. Understand?

Ok so we use that wasted energy to run a small electrical current through some water (electrolysis) using a kit generating the HHO gas and port the gas into the intake. This mix of Hydrogen and oxygen is going to replace the inert gases that don't burn. Inert gases such as nitrogen that are not flammable or a catalyst. The flammable Hydrogen and catalyst oxygen will create a more complete burn inside the engine using the gasoline more efficiently.

I'm 100% certain that if we could get compressed hydrogen in a bottle this would be much easier to convince everyone. problem is compressed hydrogen is a pain to get since it's very dense and requires extreme pressure to get any significant amount. Right now car manufactures are using 5000psi bottles and that gets about 100-150 miles. They are trying to double that to 10,000 psi and hoping to double the miles.

Kits are where people get ripped off, there's nothing to them, a few tubes and connections, some traps to prevent water mist and contaminants. The hardest thing is making good electrodes that are very effective and don't corrode putting contaminants into the engine. Then some people go overboard with additives in the water creating more problems for the engine.

Go visit youtube and you'll see all sorts of kits being tested, hit google and search HHO. I'll post some links later on when I have some more spare time.

Last edited by Impact9; 07-14-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Impact9

Go visit youtube and you'll see all sorts of kits being tested, hit google and search HHO. I'll post some links later on when I have some more spare time.
Sure, and after that i'll watch some Michael Moore and Al Gore "documentaries"

Old 07-14-2008, 12:35 PM

The alternator in a vehicle is generating power no matter what when the engine is running.
No it doesn't, it only produces enough power to supply the demand. No demand, no power out, no power consumed other than friction.

Now most of these HHO setups are using 1-8 amps. That is no where near straining any descent electrical system. Your MPG is not going to suffer in any significant manner if at all.
8 x 12 = 96watts. not a small amount in my opinion.. certainly more than what A/C blower or head lights consume.
Funny if I turn on my head lights or blower to high, my engines idle speed adjust to handle the load. I guess my engine doesn't think its a non-issue either.

Ok so we use that wasted energy to run a small electrical current through some water (electrolysis) using a kit generating the HHO gas and port the gas into the intake.
According to laws of energy the only wasted energy is the heat rising from the engine and escaping from exhaust. As far as I can tell your device isn't capturing that wasted heat so therefore it must be burdening the efficiency of the engine.

This mix of Hydrogen and oxygen is going to replace the inert gases that don't burn. Inert gases such as nitrogen that are not flammable or a catalyst. The flammable Hydrogen and catalyst oxygen will create a more complete burn inside the engine using the gasoline more efficiently.
Have you ever calculated how much HHO you can produce with 96 watts of electricity? I'll help, if you run 100 watts for 1 hour @ 100% efficiency you can produce the equivalent of 341 btu of HHO. However electrolysis is only 60% efficient therefore your 100 watts can only produce 204 btu of HHO per hour.

So how significant is 205 btu per hour in the grand scheme of things... A gallon of gas = 125,000 btu
I don't think my F150 can sit still idling for a hour and burn less than 1 gallon of fuel.. So the best I would expect 205/125000=.00164 improvement.

A vehicle that normally gets 17 mpg on 240 mile trip at 60mph would be able to produce whopping 820 btu of HHO on the 4 hour trip or a .00046 improvement. Another way of putting it, the HHO contributed 590 feet to the 240 mile trip, assuming the 100 watts used to produce the HHO was captured from waste heat which your design fails to exhibit.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Scruge
No it doesn't, it only produces enough power to supply the demand. No demand, no power out, no power consumed other than friction.

8 x 12 = 96watts. not a small amount in my opinion.. certainly more than what A/C blower or head lights consume.
Funny if I turn on my head lights or blower to high, my engines idle speed adjust to handle the load. I guess my engine doesn't think its a non-issue either.
Soon as you accelerate you're generating power genius. I never heard my engine rev or my tach jump when I hit my offroad lights and jam my stereo full volume. So why even bring that up because the whole purpose is to get better mpg not increase idle time.

According to laws of energy the only wasted energy is the heat rising from the engine and escaping from exhaust. As far as I can tell your device isn't capturing that wasted heat so therefore it must be burdening the efficiency of the engine.
you know what they say about assumptions...

Have you ever calculated how much HHO you can produce with 96 watts of electricity? I'll help, if you run 100 watts for 1 hour @ 100% efficiency you can produce the equivalent of 341 btu of HHO. However electrolysis is only 60% efficient therefore your 100 watts can only produce 204 btu of HHO per hour.

So how significant is 205 btu per hour in the grand scheme of things... A gallon of gas = 125,000 btu
I don't think my F150 can sit still idling for a hour and burn less than 1 gallon of fuel.. So the best I would expect 205/125000=.00164 improvement.

A vehicle that normally gets 17 mpg on 240 mile trip at 60mph would be able to produce whopping 820 btu of HHO on the 4 hour trip or a .00046 improvement. Another way of putting it, the HHO contributed 590 feet to the 240 mile trip, assuming the 100 watts used to produce the HHO was captured from waste heat which your design fails to exhibit.
8 amps is a poor design really but they are being used, the better ones are in the 1-3 amps. But...

I'm bored with this topic on this forum and I really don't care to clean up your bad theoretical math. I'll research it for my own good and hopefully this will become something that we all can use soon. Some of you guys should really step into the 21st century while the rest of us are stepping out.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm bored with this topic on this forum and I really don't care to clean up your bad theoretical math.
Sorry your brain went in to over load. But you can't bail out just yet, the scientific community is anxiously awaiting Impact9's new laws of energy.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by osbornk
What kind of fuel does your black helicopters use?
now that is obscure...took me almost 5 minutes to remember where it came from

Old 07-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Scruge
Sorry your brain went in to over load. But you can't bail out just yet, the scientific community is anxiously awaiting Impact9's new laws of energy.
And I'll be waiting on you to get your count up doing something besides making pointless post like this. damn it you made me do it.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Soon as you accelerate you're generating power genius. I never heard my engine rev or my tach jump when I hit my offroad lights and jam my stereo full volume.
You are absolutely 100% incorrect. Scruge is absolutely 100% correct. Ignoring friction, the alternator only loads down the engine as much as is needed to supply the electrical demand. Stating otherwise shows an ignorance as to how an automotive charging system works (not to mention basic laws of physics).

Old 07-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Too bad this would likely void your warranty. Today's engines are not manufactured with components that can handle the higher temperatures that hydrogen burns at...

You can actually run an IC engine off of Hydrogen, but it wouldn't last long withoout major modifications.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out number one on this list of six things gullible people will use to try and save money on gas: http://www.cracked.com/article_16484...ly-trying.html

Old 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Popular Mechanics Sr Auto Editor: Water-powered car & H-enrichment

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/4271579.html

Old 07-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Suspended
Its a big crock of ****. I hate this thread.

Quick Reply: Anyone used one of these? Up to double more MPG