2004 - 2008 F-150

Locking Gas Cap

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F'ing theives out there.

On my old truck, I came out to it one day at lunch, tried to start it to leave and it wouldnt run.. I was a little confused, get out of the truck, and knotice a puddle of fuel on the ground- Someone cut the fuel line! And apon more inspection, someone jabbed a knife in the bottom of the tank- And then, knoticed the fuel cap was gone, THEN knoticed that the breather hose(right next to the filler neck) had also been slashed.

I came to the conclusion, a complete moron tried to steal fuel by trying to jab a hole in the tank, realizing it would only trickle out, so tried slashing the breather to allow it to drain easier, but with the penetration only being millimeters wide, it would take forever.. then figuring it would be easier to cut the gas line on a EFI engine and getting fuel from there?

Needless to say, I lost barely any fuel, but it did cost me downtime for the truck for 2 days, a new gas tank, some fittings to replair the fuel line and hose to replace the breather and filler neck, and a gas cap.

Quick Reply: Locking Gas Cap