2004 - 2008 F-150

The Truck is 90% sold

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Truck is 90% sold

So im done with my truck, just got new wheels and tires not a week ago but im just not happy with it. I am trading it in on a new Nissan altima and the deal is almost done I walked away over 1500 more for my truck but Ill work with 1000 more Im waiting for the call tomorrow to see, you know dealerships . I hope to be getting 14500 or 14000 for my truck on trade in stripped. Everything I can take off I will and sell, Intake, Edge, procomp skid plate, catch all floor mats, indash with nav, and custom sub box, coilovers and rear shocks, and most of all my one week old wheels and nitto terra grappler's. Its not great but its all these trucks are going for right now lifted and sucking gas. What do you all think price wise??? I dont want to hear dont sell I really want something new im sick of this beast just opinions on if that is an ok deal for trade in.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
You should join the "I own a Nissan but post on the Ford F-150 forum" club. I'm the founding member.

I sell Nissan/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep for a living. The Altima is a solid car.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
There is no way to tell if the 14,000 is a good deal or not. It all depends on the difference you are paying. If they jacked the price up on the Altima, they could give you 20,000 trade in. I will say this, I would not trade my 2005 truck even for a new Altima if i was going to have to drive it.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 AM
x2

but good luck on your decision.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:00 AM
My guess is you did average on the price of the trade in but got raped on the Altima.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by extremeethan
So im done with my truck, just got new wheels and tires not a week ago but im just not happy with it. I am trading it in on a new Nissan altima and the deal is almost done I walked away over 1500 more for my truck but Ill work with 1000 more Im waiting for the call tomorrow to see, you know dealerships . I hope to be getting 14500 or 14000 for my truck on trade in stripped. Everything I can take off I will and sell, Intake, Edge, procomp skid plate, catch all floor mats, indash with nav, and custom sub box, coilovers and rear shocks, and most of all my one week old wheels and nitto terra grappler's. Its not great but its all these trucks are going for right now lifted and sucking gas. What do you all think price wise??? I dont want to hear dont sell I really want something new im sick of this beast just opinions on if that is an ok deal for trade in.
what size rims and tires?

If that edge is reset i'll probaly take it

Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The day I trade in my truck for an Altima is the day I stop sleeping in my bed, & sleep on the hardwood floor!.......However good luck with your decision, you will regret it someday in hindsight!..................

Old 05-21-2008, 08:33 AM

I just can't believe the amount of people here that are selling their trucks lately!.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hivoltagefx4
I just can't believe the amount of people here that are selling their trucks lately!.
Yup! it's ashame & if it's because of gas prices, people are crazy for selling them! The beating $$$ that they are taking just does not add up! Get a beater for comuting & keep your truck! I just might refinanace my loan with a local credit union come July, I am comming into a little money, I'm thinking of putting more $$$ down on my current loan & re-financing at a lower rate! The payment will go down quite a bit & free up more money every month! There is more yhan one way to skin a cat! With my luck If I ever sold my truck, which I NEVER would, the price of gas will decrease!.......That is just how my life goes! ...............

Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 AM
PM me about the PC skid plate if you go through with it. Good luck and hope things work out for you.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Yup! it's ashame & if it's because of gas prices, people are crazy for selling them! The beating $$$ that they are taking just does not add up! Get a beater for comuting & keep your truck! I just might refinanace my loan with a local credit union come July, I am comming into a little money, I'm thinking of putting more $$$ down on my current loan & re-financing at a lower rate! The payment will go down quite a bit & free up more money every month! There is more yhan one way to skin a cat! With my luck If I ever sold my truck, which I NEVER would, the price of gas will decrease!.......That is just how my life goes! ...............
I agree man. Nothing like the grocery getter. Leave the truck home and use it when you gotta work, need to haul a few people, or just feel like driving it. I couldn't imagine being without a truck.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would drive my truck over driving anything else.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I would drive my truck over driving anything else.
X2

I've owned 5 trucks, could not imagine driving a car.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
>>> The Sad Sad Truth <<<

The SAD, SAD TRUTH is that many on this forum are financial morons. Not singling any one out, so don’t feel compelled to defend yourself, whoever you are

They buy a truck they can hardly afford with ridiculous interest rates and HUGE monthly payments, all so they can look cool. Then, if living paycheck to paycheck weren’t bad enough, they go out and put new wheels, tires, lifts, tuners, CAI’s….., on a credit card and further deepen the financial pit they will never climb out of.

Guess what? Gas has nearly doubled in the last couple of years. What do all the accessories to make them look cooler do for a vehicle that ALREADY gets very poor MPG? Yeah, do the math.

Oh well. Live and learn the hard way I suppose……

Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by rms8
The SAD, SAD TRUTH is that many on this forum are financial morons. Not singling any one out, so don’t feel compelled to defend yourself, whoever you are

They buy a truck they can hardly afford with ridiculous interest rates and HUGE monthly payments, all so they can look cool. Then, if living paycheck to paycheck weren’t bad enough, they go out and put new wheels, tires, lifts, tuners, CAI’s….., on a credit card and further deepen the financial pit they will never climb out of.

Guess what? Gas has nearly doubled in the last couple of years. What do all the accessories to make them look cooler do for a vehicle that ALREADY gets very poor MPG? Yeah, do the math.

Oh well. Live and learn the hard way I suppose……
Can't say I disagree with this.

Quick Reply: The Truck is 90% sold