2004 - 2008 F-150

Weekend Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-22-2008, 02:36 PM
yeah the funny thing is that i only took a picture to prove that my truck on 24s sees mud,, I think when your stuck that means you need a 4x4 to pull you out.. In my case i just stuck a log under ONE tire and gave me enogh grip to crawl outta the hole.. HAHA try being a smartass to someone who cares...
This Is Stuck

This Is Play

These are my trucks

Old 04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
u must never been to central Florida you can get a 4x4 on 44s stuck on the other side of my truck... look in the back round you see all that water and mud and trees??? Just cause I put a picture of my truck in muck doesnt mean that was the end of the day.. That picture was taking at 7am that was only my first hole.. sorry its a camera phone picture and I didnt stop every 5 mins to take a new shot.. point being if anyone want to lower a 4x4 let them go ahead and spend the extra money of buying a FX4 cause lowered lifted stock 2wd 4wd doesnt matter, till you pay ur own paymeant and not ur mommy n daddy then mayb ur have more respect for ur truck n understand that a $30k+ 05-06 f150 isnt meant to go hauling *** throw water n mud just cause u have 4wd.. Mayb people buy 4wd to simply pull a boat outta the water or whatever they may of wanted it for

Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I knew people would bitch about me lowering my truck, but I frankly don't give a damn what they think, if you don't like it, don't look at it. I chose a 4x4 because of the extra traction in the snow and ice, not to go offroad. I decided on an FX4 over a regular 4x4 because I liked the interior better than the XLT. My wife needs the step bars to get in so they are staying put, and the FX4 are staying also, I happen to like them and I think they break up that sea of blue on the bedside.

I lowered my truck for practical reasons, my wife has medical issues that make it hard for her to get in at the stock height. Now that it is lower it is a little easier for her.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM

Looks good man!! I dont think you can go wrong lifting or lowering a 4x4 bc its only a 2 wheel drive 90% of the time anyway....right? and it can get you through w/e when you need it too. I also secong the motion to get the rear a little lower, I like the look of level! but as long as you and the mrs. are happy thats all that matters!! happy modding!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Suspended
I've had 05 F150 on ignore for quite some time because him being an idiot but I might take him off just to see what he responded with about those pictures. Now that's hilarious, can anyone own3d?

Regardless back to the topic at hand. I really like it. Wheels would be good, but not practical for you. I'd lose the FX4 badge, decals, and bug shield though. What about some PTM mirror caps and FX2 front valance? Now that'd really complete the look !!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 05_F150
Looks sharp, lower the rear another inch or bring the front up a inch.. If you dont four wheel then 4wd is only a bonus theirs no reason not to drop it..X2 on removing the FX4 side decal (tailgate one is nice n should stay) My truck is 2wd and lowerd and im sure ive been though more mud then most the 4X4s on this site..
Dont say you cant fourwheel just cause ur lowerd
But i can say you cant fourwheel becasue you dont have 4 wheel drive.

and playing in a little mud doesnt really count. Many of us actually need to offroad for practical reasons (hunting, work, etc). Not just a little playtime.

And it looks like you've been in the mud, not through it.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
PTM mirror caps and FX2 front valance?
I agree. If it weren't for my push bar, I would seriously look into a FX2 valance

Old 04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
yeah the funny thing is that i only took a picture to prove that my truck on 24s sees mud,, I think when your stuck that means you need a 4x4 to pull you out.. In my case i just stuck a log under ONE tire and gave me enogh grip to crawl outta the hole.. HAHA try being a smartass to someone who cares...
You responded, appears like you care.

u must never been to central Florida you can get a 4x4 on 44s stuck on the other side of my truck... look in the back round you see all that water and mud and trees??? Just cause I put a picture of my truck in muck doesnt mean that was the end of the day.. That picture was taking at 7am that was only my first hole.. sorry its a camera phone picture and I didnt stop every 5 mins to take a new shot.. point being if anyone want to lower a 4x4 let them go ahead and spend the extra money of buying a FX4 cause lowered lifted stock 2wd 4wd doesnt matter, till you pay ur own paymeant and not ur mommy n daddy then mayb ur have more respect for ur truck n understand that a $30k+ 05-06 f150 isnt meant to go hauling *** throw water n mud just cause u have 4wd.. Mayb people buy 4wd to simply pull a boat outta the water or whatever they may of wanted it for
So you got stuck in 4" of mud in a 2wd, and then you PROCEEDED to continue to look like an idiot because that was only your "first hole". It must be fun for you to get stuck, at least you do it well.

Lets see, I pay for my own truck. The only off-road my truck has ever seen is the dunes and snow and that was only to get me to my destination. And you tell ME to respect my truck when you are out parading around like an idiot in 2wd with some mud.

This is the best part...
have more respect for ur truck n understand that a $30k+ 05-06 f150 isnt meant to go hauling *** throw water n mud just cause u have 4wd..
But 2wd is Ok???

Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 PM

I've considered leveling it out after I lowered it. Since I allready pulled the factory 2" blocks and installed shackles on the top hole, I would need either a flip kit or new drop springs. A flip kit would be too low, and drop leaves tend to sag after a while. My other option was to raise the front a little. The new front shocks have four different heights to choose from, I chose the lowest and ended up with a 3" drop in the front. So, I finally decided to add 1 ring to the front and bring it up a little, since I only wanted a 2" drop anyway.

After 3" drop a few weeks ago

Now

full side view

not perfectly level, but better.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
not perfectly level, but better.
Agreed. Did you have to buy a new drawbar because of the lowering?

Old 04-22-2008, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
Agreed. Did you have to buy a new drawbar because of the lowering?
What?

I've also considered removing just the bottom potion of the FX4 stickers, where it says "OFF ROAD" and just leaving the FX4 portion. I did a quick photochop of the idea. Whattdaya think?

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 04-22-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
What?
Drawbar, device that connects the vehicle to trailer. (The thing with the ball on it.)

Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 PM

No, it's the same one I've always had, it's only there to protect my bumper, I don't tow anything.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
as your sig picture states its an fx4 off road package but i guess different strokes for different folks

Quick Reply: Weekend Project