2004 - 2008 F-150

Truck Stalled showing DTC code P1233

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Stalled showing DTC code P1233

My truck is a 04' 5.4 with 86K miles on it. I was driving it this weekend and had it stall on me after turning thru a red light was able to fight the power stearing and get it off the road. The truck would start and run for a bout 10 secs and then shut off/ stall. I would be able to keep getting it to start but once in drive or give it gas, it would stall again. Put the superchip reader on it and had DTC code P1233 (Fuel Pump driver Module offline). Had to leave the truck in the parking lot and came back later that day to have it towed and truck started up and let me drive it home 1/2 mile but had the check engine light on the whole time.

Replaced the fuel filter for starters and restarted it and truck now runs fine with out the check engine light on. After resetting the the P1233 code and restarting the truck, it keeps coming back but no check engine light. Ran the truck around the block 5 times and no check engine lights but keep getting the P1233 after resetting it 4 times.

Afraid to take the truck to far from the house, that it will stall on me again.

Any ideas on why I keep getting the P1233 code. Fuel Pump going???

Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Check and make sure the inertia switch hasn't tripped. It's in the passenger's side kick panel by the fuse box. If that's okay, then the fuel pump driver module is on its way out. You'll have to remove the spare tire to see it, it's bolted to a crossmember above the spare.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quintin
Check and make sure the inertia switch hasn't tripped. It's in the passenger's side kick panel by the fuse box. If that's okay, then the fuel pump driver module is on its way out. You'll have to remove the spare tire to see it, it's bolted to a crossmember above the spare.
Thanks, I'll check the inertia switch first tonight. Are the ford dealerships the only place you can get the fuel pump driver module?

Quick Reply: Truck Stalled showing DTC code P1233