2004 - 2008 F-150

Heated Seat Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heated Seat Kits?

Has anyone put in a heated seat kit in their truck seats? If so, is there a particular kit that u recommend? I've got the leather seat covers.

Thanks
Joel

Last edited by FireboltJoel03; 01-20-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Surely someone has done this mod already.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I have not done this to my truck but I did do this to my mom's Explorer awhile back. The install was fairly easy with removing and reinstalling the seat covers taking the longest to do. (you will need to remove the entire seat from the truck to do it) I wouldn't do it again though, it seems the heating element on your *rear* actuallly gets pretty warm where the one on your back that you lean against hardly gets warm enough to feel. Of course this might just be the kit that I installed and some may work better. I can't remember how the F-150 seats are but the seats in my mom's explorer had two or three ridges that went through them and after installing the heating element the ridges in the seat cover could not sit in the cut of the foam so the cover would slide around a bit. But I think the F150 seats are flat in the center making this a non issue for you.

Thats about all I can remember but if you have any questions I will try and answer them.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info thats more than i knew before.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I put in a set on my 05 Screw. I also put in the OEM leather skins in at the same time. I went with "Check Corporation" brand through a local seat cover shop. They have 3 levels, I went with the middle series. The switches had a high/low/off, auto shut off, and a 3yr/36k warranty. I paid $250 per side. I thought they were good quality and it seems to be the most popular brand with local shops.

They had to remove the front seat skins, so they put the leather ones on for free for me. I then had the same shop sew in the arm rest patch for me on the back seat which I installed myself.

Here's where I had the swithes installed:

Old 02-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by hmfic
I put in a set on my 05 Screw. I also put in the OEM leather skins in at the same time. I went with "Check Corporation" brand through a local seat cover shop. They have 3 levels, I went with the middle series. The switches had a high/low/off, auto shut off, and a 3yr/36k warranty. I paid $250 per side. I thought they were good quality and it seems to be the most popular brand with local shops.

They had to remove the front seat skins, so they put the leather ones on for free for me. I then had the same shop sew in the arm rest patch for me on the back seat which I installed myself.

I want to do this but I would like to use the factory oem heated seat switches and install them next to the A/C and Defrost buttons. Where can I find oem switches.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by hmfic

I want to do this but I would like to use the factory oem heated seat switches and install them next to the A/C and Defrost buttons. Where can I find oem switches.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
That was my original wish as well. The most logical place would be to go to your local dealer to get the complete swtich panel. The problem may be that the switches may not work with your seat heaters you bought. The factory is just a push in type button. Like the ones in my KR you have to push it multiple times to get the desired power level or off, meaning it is probably going to a brain box to do this. With the seat heaters I went with it required a rocker switch.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by pmason718
The row of switches is part of the hvac module, actually the hvac ***** and the rear defrost, seat heater switches are all integrated into the same module. To get the OEM switches, you will need a lariat hvac panel, which has ETAC (only lariats could get the optional seat heaters and all lariats have ETAC) so unless you have a lariat, upgading your hvac panel just to get seat heater switches will be a major PITA, not to mention, I have yet to see anybody upgade to ETAC and actually get it too work.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Hmfic
Where did they wire in the pwr for the heated seats? I have installed a set on my 05 f150 and can't find where to wire them
thanks
Seumas

Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 PM
My hat is off to you FireboltJoel03 for running tire chains. They look wicked. I've always wanted to see a chained up F150.

Sorry to side track
haha

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Kits?