2004 - 2008 F-150

train horns

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
train horns

Hey guys,

I was going through an intersection today and there was those people with sticks and it said honk for... so I blew the train horns. What do I know... theres a cop next to me. He pulled me over. What a **** he wouldnt even talk to me. He gave me a ticket and everything. He couldnt believe that it was my truck and kept saying it was daddys truck and making me feel bad and stuff. I am so pissed right now because now I have to take the horns out and they were soooooo much fun!!

Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Cops are gay in boca. BSO atleast let you explain your self, wether you were wrong or right. It feels better to get it off you chest and let the cop know your side of the story. But yeah, all the times that I got a ticket or something, the only gay/wack cop was a PBO so yeah. Atleast the people with the ''honk for..'' signs liked it

Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
Cops are gay in boca. BSO atleast let you explain your self, wether you were wrong or right. It feels better to get it off you chest and let the cop know your side of the story. But yeah, all the times that I got a ticket or something, the only gay/wack cop was a PBO so yeah. Atleast the people with the ''honk for..'' signs liked it
First off, the cop didn't have no means to give you a ticket. Clearly you used the horns not for traffic, but for show purposes only, hence the people holding the signs.

As long as you tell the DA that you don't use them for traffic purposes, and you use the factory horn, they should let you off. I wouldn't see why not.

Also, you were not being annoying with them... if you blasted them for like 2 minutes, yes. It's no different than a car alarm going off... but a quick blast... NO!

Secondly... there is NO law stating how loud a horn can be and when it can become "annoying"... However, it can be refuted by using it inappropriately... but you can always contradict that by saying, that you were using it for show purposes.

It's like a round and round game...

Old 01-19-2008, 06:56 PM
yea the ticket doesnt even have a price or anything on it. I live in boca but it happened in broward. The cop hand wrote the ticket to. The other tickets I got where computer generated. IDK what the heck to do about it?? Theres not even a phone number or anything. OMG I just wanted to punch the **** in the face.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:58 PM
The problem is that I did it at a major intersection.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by yamaharhino
yea the ticket doesnt even have a price or anything on it. I live in boca but it happened in broward. The cop hand wrote the ticket to. The other tickets I got where computer generated. IDK what the heck to do about it?? Theres not even a phone number or anything. OMG I just wanted to punch the **** in the face.
I would've been a **** back and asked for proper credentials.

They get really pissed about that... because they have to go back to their car and usually get on their radio and call for a higher-up.

FYI one of my friends pulled it off and it would up turning it into a pissing match because they wound up shooting the crap... hence no ticket.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
First off, the cop didn't have no means to give you a ticket. Clearly you used the horns not for traffic, but for show purposes only, hence the people holding the signs.

As long as you tell the DA that you don't use them for traffic purposes, and you use the factory horn, they should let you off. I wouldn't see why not.

Also, you were not being annoying with them... if you blasted them for like 2 minutes, yes. It's no different than a car alarm going off... but a quick blast... NO!

Secondly... there is NO law stating how loud a horn can be and when it can become "annoying"... However, it can be refuted by using it inappropriately... but you can always contradict that by saying, that you were using it for show purposes.

It's like a round and round game...
You sir have NO buisness giving internet law advice. There was no, "Show purpose" based on someone holding a sign.

Most every city/town has a noise ordinance that clearly states a noise db rating, to include vehicle horns. Asking for creds is asking for trouble in the long run. I'll show you my creds everytime I see/suspect you doing something against the law.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by charlie101
You sir have NO buisness giving internet law advice. There was no, "Show purpose" based on someone holding a sign.

Most every city/town has a noise ordinance that clearly states a noise db rating, to include vehicle horns. Asking for creds is asking for trouble in the long run. I'll show you my creds everytime I see/suspect you doing something against the law.
Neither do you.

The "show purpose" right can be extended, if and only if, the offender did not have it directly wired into his steering wheel horn and they clearly stated it was for show only. Same thing applies to offroad lights. You can have them mounted, but as long as you don't have them directly wired into your regular driving lights, and tell the DA that you do not use them for road driving, then you should be fine. If this was true, then... well, a lot of people would be getting tickets on here.

As far as noise ordinances, they do include vehicle horns. However, there is an extruded rule out for that. IF the violater was using his horns to be annoying, like blaring it for 2+ minutes straight, blaring it at 2AM for no reason, and just using it as annoyance, then that rule applies.

So what about tractors with 5 trumpets patched into 120 PSI line, capable of making a noise 100X the sound of normal car horn? Let me guess... they get tickets all the time.

Personally... those noise ordinances go way to far into people rights in SOME aspects. But they just need to know where to draw the line.

But in his case, blasting it short once or twice because some people were holding up some signs, was totally acceptable, especially since it was during normal hours, and during the day.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Suspended
Were you speeding?

PS: Manual stop trying to act hard.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113

PS: Manual stop trying to act hard.
Okidoki... I'll act a little softer.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by charlie101

Oh, so your the type that just goes around and harasses people for no reason at all except that you THINK that YOUR ABOVE the law. If it was me that you harassed, I would get your *** fired from the police dept. one way or another

Old 01-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I know Mike Mehia did you go to coral springs middle and if you wanna sell those hors let me know I want them

Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Was it BSO or a city cop? Also, your parents will know what to do with the ticket. I got a ticket like that too, no number, no dollar amount, no nothing. But I told my father and he said he'll take care of it.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Was it BSO or a city cop? Also, your parents will know what to do with the ticket. I got a ticket like that too, no number, no dollar amount, no nothing. But I told my father and he said he'll take care of it.
BSO= Broward sheirffs office they are the gayest cops on the planet and have nothing better to do in boca like trying to find murders and rapist they pull this kid over for having fun

Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ridinon22's
I know Mike Mehia did you go to coral springs middle and if you wanna sell those hors let me know I want them
No I didnt go to coral springs middle but I am mike mejia. lol. I will sell you the horns pm me with how much you wanna buy them for and where you wanna meet. I live in west boca.

Quick Reply: train horns