2004 - 2008 F-150

Royal Purple..all over...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Purple..all over...

I went and bit the bullet and switched my '06 Scab over to RP..all over..I've been using RP oil since day one...just switched the tranny fluid and diff out yesterday...I was sceptical on the results...but...the truck's shifts are nearly undetectable...and I seems as though I've picked up a few h/p as well...any of you done the same??? What are your feelings on switching over??? Thanks...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by green06F150
I went and bit the bullet and switched my '06 Scab over to RP..all over..I've been using RP oil since day one...just switched the tranny fluid and diff out yesterday...I was sceptical on the results...but...the truck's shifts are nearly undetectable...and I seems as though I've picked up a few h/p as well...any of you done the same??? What are your feelings on switching over??? Thanks...
the thought of gaining a few ponies and better cold start protection was enuff for me to run it

Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I just got 10 gallons of 5W-20 in the mail. You could say I 'bit the bullet'. I'm planning to keep the truck forever, so the best way would be to remove all doubt, and do regular and good maintenance.

The tranny will be a big project for me, because I want to put in a shift plate, and probably a new pan. Then a remote filter, and efans on the Supercooler.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Suspended
Ive got it in both diffs and the engine, I need to do the transmission.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM
First thing I do to any of my truck is put in Amsoil. I've tried Royal Purple, Redline, and Mobile one...and I can tell you from extensive lab tests (my cousin is an engineer at Twin labs so I get free analysis) that Amsoil blows them all out of the water in several catagories. I will run nothing other than their products from now on. Especially in AT, TC, and differentials.

You would be supprised how much of it is really hype, and when objectively tested, how much they really fail in comparison to even conventional oil.

Jesse

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I had been planning on running RP all around, but keep hearing good things about amsoil. Do they make oil for diff, tranny, and engine?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Absolutely, I too was a RP only kinda guy until a rep (mobile 1) threw me a case to try. So then I started testing them and was horrified at some of the silicon levels (dirt) and such that I found in a lot of these oils. So then I stumbled on amsiol and it was the only one that lived up to the hype. Never looked back.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by PimpRohr
Absolutely, I too was a RP only kinda guy until a rep (mobile 1) threw me a case to try. So then I started testing them and was horrified at some of the silicon levels (dirt) and such that I found in a lot of these oils. So then I stumbled on amsiol and it was the only one that lived up to the hype. Never looked back.
Sounds good, can you get it locally, or is it only threw mailorder?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
either locally through a local distributor or through some sort of mail order guy. I found my best prices with this guy.

http://www.twinportsales.com/

Old 10-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Would autozone carry it? Or any other automotive store?

Don't really want to order it offline, I try and keep that to a "Have to last resort"

Old 10-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Pimp, clear out some of your PM's I wanna ask you some questions about some things.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
They are cleaned out, on a side note...what the heck happend to my camera icon for my gallery?? It just dissapeared. The gallery is still there though. HMMM...

No Autozone ore the like don't carry it. They have never been known to be in the main stream retail enviroment because they still allow the small everyday joe shop to buy into the program and protect his profit margins.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by PimpRohr
I had a amsiol account for a bit and can support the fact it is about the best quality oils and lubes you can get. They research the ***** out of the oils and have various studies all over the web to support thier claims. Havent made the swap in the Ford yet, but I am considering it since the weather is finally nice enough to get out and work on the truck without getting heat stroke

Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been using RP in my diffs and Engine for some time. No complaints but there shouldn't be with any oils. I get great mileage not sure if it contributes much. I'll try Amsoil next time around, haven't stopped hearing bad things about RP.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Suspended
I guess I'm the only one who won't ruin Amsoil and won't spend a dime with them. I had a sponsorship from Amsoil and didn't even run it in my race bikes not to mention they've got horrible customer satisfaction. I too have done tests on both Amsoil and RP and found them to be close but just like any oil, they can vary greatly by the case. RP was more consistent more often. It's whatever works for you though.

Quick Reply: Royal Purple..all over...