2004 - 2008 F-150

Quick question about changing spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can put a standard plug in there trust, me ive seen it but im not saying is suspose to be there. all the f150s from 00+ are platinum but the 3v has its own plug... and ive seen people shove other plugs in them then wonder why they have problems like ive said

Old 09-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ridge
you can put a standard plug in there trust, me ive seen it but im not saying is suspose to be there. all the f150s from 00+ are platinum but the 3v has its own plug... and ive seen people shove other plugs in them then wonder why they have problems like ive said

On a 3V? How is this even possible? A 'normal' plug would be totally shrouded.

bubba

Old 09-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I don't see how it would even thread in and if it did, it would not fire.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Suspended
I don't think you understand the difference between a 5.4 plug and a 4.6 plug.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I don't think you understand the difference between a 5.4 plug and a 4.6 plug.
Or, the 5.4 2v plug and the 5.4 3v plug.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
its simple really when you look up a 05 ford f150 2 plugs come up and one soon to be plug (champion) the customer bitches that the prices are too high and they want you to cross refrence that plug number for another plug that will work, you tell them there isnt one because the 3v plug has a high rise thread design. they say do it anyways but the problem is when you do there is other plugs that refrences to that number because well the treads are the same just not the same length and etc... so they say they dont care they will take that plug.. (autolight ap677 i think i dont remember) when they go home they see there plug is long this plug is short but dont really care they stick it in then wonder why nothing is firing

Old 09-27-2007, 11:12 PM
its simple really when you look up a 05 ford f150 2 plugs come up and one soon to be plug (champion) the customer bitches that the prices are too high and they want you to cross refrence that plug number for another plug that will work, you tell them there isnt one because the 3v plug has a high rise thread design. they say do it anyways but the problem is when you do there is other plugs that refrences to that number because well the treads are the same just not the same length and etc... so they say they dont care they will take that plug.. (autolight ap677 i think i dont remember) when they go home they see there plug is long this plug is short but dont really care they stick it in then wonder why nothing is firing
Wow man, that's amazing.

Well, at least they won't need to follow that pesky TSB

Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your kidding right, im assuming you work in some kinda parts place or service place, these people bringing in there f150's, are buying plugs from you and not giving a damn if they are the right ones? and your just shoe horning them in? hate to say it, but that dont sound right, you could be liable big time for putting the wrong spark plug in like that... that will be like me asking a service separtment to put in motor oil into the transmission cause its cheaper, and you just going "oh well here ya go", when the tranny gets toasted, it will be analyzed as motor oil put there by you. i dont know who is more wrong, the ignorant customer, or the service person that allows wrong things to happen.

why do i get the feeling we are talking about different engines

Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by mengela

That's what I thought as well, but Ridge did say:

cross refrence that plug number for another plug that will work, you tell them there isnt one because the 3v plug has a high rise thread design.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Keep in mind guys that Ridge is also claimed at one time that he was getting a custom built turbo set up for "the cost of a pizza and a six pack." I am not doubting what he's say...just suggesting you take it with a grain of salt!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Keep in mind guys that Ridge is also claimed at one time that he was getting a custom built turbo set up for "the cost of a pizza and a six pack." I am not doubting what he's say...just suggesting you take it with a grain of salt!
I wonder if we could get a group buy going on that? . . maybe I can get away with bringing one piece and half of a beer?

Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I wonder if we could get a group buy going on that? . . maybe I can get away with bringing one piece and half of a beer?

LOL!!!

Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by mengela
your kidding right, im assuming you work in some kinda parts place or service place, these people bringing in there f150's, are buying plugs from you and not giving a damn if they are the right ones? and your just shoe horning them in? hate to say it, but that dont sound right, you could be liable big time for putting the wrong spark plug in like that... that will be like me asking a service separtment to put in motor oil into the transmission cause its cheaper, and you just going "oh well here ya go", when the tranny gets toasted, it will be analyzed as motor oil put there by you. i dont know who is more wrong, the ignorant customer, or the service person that allows wrong things to happen.

i dont belive i would be helping anyone screw up thier truck, or car. like i said its the persons choice on what they buy i told them everything i could to let them know it would not work.. i just have to hope the realize this before the time is too late.

Quick Reply: Quick question about changing spark plugs