2004 - 2008 F-150

Why did you buy Ford vs. the others?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I've had all kind's of vehicles over the year's but when they came out with the '04 model's I just had to have one. Of course I had to mod it out a little! This is my 4th Ford truck.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

this was my last truck. before it was a 99. this one ran 12.87@109 with a lot of mods. i loved it. but i to fell in lovewith the way the new fords looked. i also needed more room at the time. and wanted a four wheel drive. when i went looking my current truck caught my eye and i brought her home. i have owned gm products since i was 18. i have to say besides not being fast i will buy another ford.

Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best looking & most comfortable truck on the road today.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marlin39d
chris1450,

I said falling economy not failing economy. And slightly below sticker was my attempt at humor. Alright, not funny but it was an attempt.

The sticker on my '06 was $31030 and after paying dealers invoice less $5506 total in rebates I left there with a $22188.48 truck. Yes, I think that is slightly less than sticker. I think it's a pretty solid deal. Dealer gets his dealer holdback and I get a truck worth the money. Everyone's happy.

I assume that with sales down even worse than last year for Ford a person can get that kind of a deal on the yearend '07 trucks also.

Failing economy? No. Spiraling downward at the moment? Yes. But that's how it's always gone, in cycles.

LOL ok good... with the liberals, the economy is the worst it has ever been. That is what THEY say anyways.. was worried about you for a sec. I didn't get quite that good a deal on my truck..

Old 09-03-2007, 10:42 AM
drive on dirt?

Ever drive a pick up on a washboard or bumpy road?

Ever use a PU for a PU? Haul or tow stuff?

Well I know several have seen this video but after you see this you will know why a F150 is just plain stronger & better & better looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShwG...est%2Dtrack%2F

Also for those who buy a heavy truck and want to drag race a toyota.

I priced the new loaded T and it was 51K + tax

Bought a fully loaded Harley AWD had the local speed shop install the blower.
Now I look good tough and fast.

Oh and all for 3K less so now I plan on taking a cruise with all the left over cash.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Well I screwed up and bought a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew which was a huge mistake. I felt like if I took one good hit in that thing that it was going to fold up like a tin can. It's my own fault because I went for the cheapest price. Anyhow, I'm back in an '07 XLT SCrew now and love it. This is after owning an '03 SCrew(traded on an '04 FX4 Screw), an '05 Lariat Screw(had to get rid of it due to needing money for legal expenses) , an '05 Explorer(great vehicle just not enough towing power for me), and then the '06 GMC. Let's just say I learned my lesson the hard way. I don't buy into this GMC "professional grade" crap.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by 04SilverFX4
Well I screwed up and bought a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew which was a huge mistake. I felt like if I took one good hit in that thing that it was going to fold up like a tin can. It's my own fault because I went for the cheapest price. Anyhow, I'm back in an '07 XLT SCrew now and love it. This is after owning an '03 SCrew(traded on an '04 FX4 Screw), an '05 Lariat Screw(had to get rid of it due to needing money for legal expenses) , an '05 Explorer(great vehicle just not enough towing power for me), and then the '06 GMC. Let's just say I learned my lesson the hard way. I don't buy into this GMC "professional grade" crap.
Oh yeah! My '04 is still more solid then GMC's all new '07. It's amazing how Ford can still be on top with a 4 year old design. Both GM and Toyota still haven't learned what it takes to have a solid truck, there's more involved then slogans. There's only 2 things that I hope Ford puts into the '09's, dual zone auto climate control and an auto 4 setting on the transfer case.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Reason one I only onwned Fords so I stick with what I know. The reaons why I chose not to buy anything else is Chevy and GMC have DRL's I hate DRL's Dodge is poor quality and the rest are from the Japs. I will only buy an American made car or truck by and American company.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by hmustang
The reaons why I chose not to buy anything else is Chevy and GMC have DRL's
Every Ford I see has them.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Tbird69
There's only 2 things that I hope Ford puts into the '09's, dual zone auto climate control and an auto 4 setting on the transfer case.
uh how about a more powerful engine and a 6 speed tranny??

Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
uh how about a more powerful engine and a 6 speed tranny??
That's what you want, that's not what's important to me.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:47 PM
I bought an F150 again for several reasons. My previous F150 went 230k+ miles with very few problems and I took pretty poor care of it. The F150 has as good or better looks than anything else. Lariat interior crushes everything. The frame is solid as it gets.

It could be better though. One thing is more and overhead a/c vents in rear of crew, more gears, and of course more power is always good.

The others just aren't that good. I tried to keep an open mind and left nothing off the list when looking. I was sure I'd buy a diesel a year ago and would have gone Dodge but I just don't need a 3/4 ton, they are a chore to drive/park etc, and the fuel economy advantage is basically gone with diesel consistently higher and the new diesel getting worse on mpg's b/c of the power wars and emissions. Plus they are $50k bone stock! The Toyota, well just look at it, it looks like it swallowed a giant marshmallow and the interior is a joke plus I'd never feel right buying a foriegn pick-up. The hemi wasn't what it's cracked up to be and Dodge still can't figure out the right size crew cab. The Titan was pretty nice but the front end is a mess and again why buy foriegn when we already make the best pick-ups. The new GM trucks almost got me but they still sit you in it like it's a car and they were awefully proud of them at the time with high rates and no good bargains. I think they've woke up since and started dealing.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Ford trucks sell themselves. Last weekend, four of us spent all day scouting for Pronghorns in my Bud's new $49K Toyo. On wash board dirt roads and off road, that Toyo road rough as hell. Not to mention, the supposedly spacious interior was cheap and cramped. I sat shotgun and lost count of how many times my head hit the roof when we hit a rock or bump in the trail.

Friday, we went out in my FX4. Everyone remarked how much better the ride was and how smoothly it handled off road. No noise or squeeks off road like his Toyo. Not to mention the ample leg and head room.

Anyway, that Toyo is now on Ford's used car lot, and we'll be taking his King Ranch SCrew on the next hunt.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Well my decision was between a f150 or the new tundra's. But Ford financed me and toyota wouldnt. So when your 19 at the time of purchase, you take what you can get. And I am more then happy.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Screw completed the cycle of American made trucks. First was Chevy then Dodge and now a Ford which I like best. If it lasts another 50k then it will be the best of the bunch. Then Chevy with Dodge last.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy Ford vs. the others?