2004 - 2008 F-150

whats up with the CA edition f150

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TexEdition
I'm pretty sure they have "editions" for every area of the country.. I have the "Texas Edition", and yeah it's got big freakin' badges (at least the paint doesn't flake off of those)..
chrome wheels, running boards, 6 disc cd, dark tint.. that was about it.. and in fact the dealers around here actually offer discounts on top of the usual for those.. mine was $19,600 with extended warranty thrown in for free..

I'm really sick of those badges tho, is it possible to remove 'em without needing to repair holes in the quarter panels?
I watched them put my badges on, and they are held by adhesive.....therefore, NO SCREW HOLES!

I do know that the "packages" are somewhat common, while the badges are location specific. IF you catch your truck before it's been processed by the dealer, you'll notice that THEY are the ones who put the badges on.

Last edited by heybeermantx; 05-09-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
At the dealer where I bought my truck, they sell a truck they call the "GT F150". They act like it is something special, but all it is is a standard XLT and they put a vinyl stripe along the bottom that says "GT F150" along the bottom. The stripe looks like the one that they use on the GT500 Mustangs, but it is much larger. They also install the stripe themselves, and they charge about $700 bucks extra for it, calling it a special "GT F150" package. Pretty dumb, I'd pull the stripe off as soon as I got home anyway.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by ford141
At the dealer where I bought my truck, they sell a truck they call the "GT F150". They act like it is something special, but all it is is a standard XLT and they put a vinyl stripe along the bottom that says "GT F150" along the bottom. The stripe looks like the one that they use on the GT500 Mustangs, but it is much larger. They also install the stripe themselves, and they charge about $700 bucks extra for it, calling it a special "GT F150" package. Pretty dumb, I'd pull the stripe off as soon as I got home anyway.

Alot of different dealerships do this to moce stock ... just a selling feature for dumbasses with no clue . Here on Vancouver Island alot of the local dealerships make "Island Editions"

Old 05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
island editions? lol wow

Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
i wonder if the Georgia edition will come with a rebel flag flying out the back, a cooler full of beer and directions to the closest mud hole???? I hope so, I'll drive up to get one hahaha.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:42 PM
LRG
I remember a year or two ago I was at a dealer that showed me the Northwest Edition they had, almost $40K and what?....no carpet? Sheesh you'd think for that much that you'd at least get rug in your ride! The badges should really say "I got Scammed" Edition!

Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by ford141
I'd pick out a different XLT so I did not have to pay $700 for something that I would rip off myself.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LRG
I remember a year or two ago I was at a dealer that showed me the Northwest Edition they had, almost $40K and what?....no carpet? Sheesh you'd think for that much that you'd at least get rug in your ride! The badges should really say "I got Scammed" Edition!
I remember those. they ran some pinstriping along the side of the truck and it had a little Mountain at the front of the pinstriping

Old 05-11-2007, 02:26 PM
LRG
Originally Posted by Tylus
I remember those. they ran some pinstriping along the side of the truck and it had a little Mountain at the front of the pinstriping
Yup, that's it! I think they took an XLT and did a carpet delete. Also had manual 4X4 as well. Then they jacked the price way up. I'm pretty sure I laughed at the guy trying to bait me with it!

So here's a question for all you guys: If you made your own custom edition what equipment would it have and what would you call it?

Last edited by LRG; 05-11-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Check my gallery for the '06 Texas Edition.

Old 05-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I'd make a real Texas edition.

Exterier:
White Screw
Big Bull Bar or Cow Killer out front
Longhorn Horns mounted
6" lift
37" M/T tires
rear bumper protector
smoked out front/rear lights
bigger fender flares to cover the rubber

Interior:
Full tan or KR leather seats (black just gets to dang hot)
A/C for the seats (Expy has 'em...they're cool)
flow through console
wood grained dash/doors
vinyl floors (no carpetting)

Drivetrain:
9" rear axle
Dana 60 Solid front axle
S/C 5.4 3v with tuning to make 400 RWHP and 450 RWTQ
6 speed transmission from Expy

I'm getting a little wi****l here. Maybe I should look at a Superduty instead. Would be easier than a IFS to solid axle conversion. And that 6.4 diesel would make alot more power than a S/C 5.4

Old 05-11-2007, 11:45 PM
I found two more things that the California Edition has a PCM flash by Roush and 3.73 limited slip. The flash seems lame because I'm sure it just got re-flashed at some point by the dealer long before I got it. I got the edge and it is night and day difference, so, if it did have the original Roush flash it was pretty weak, but I think it got reflashed before I got it.

What was the mark up on these new over a XLT? So recapping so far, a CA edition has the Roush 20's, lift, grill, steps, 5.4, 4x4, PCM flash, limited slip, tow package, 2" lift and thats about it.

Last edited by Jimwood; 05-12-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by XF150 2 EnVyX
island editions? lol wow

doesnt sound any worse than california edition.

anyways they make lots of packages. some are better than others for diff states.
and lots of people buy them, nothin wrong with it.
i know NASTY or NASSTY whatever the **** his name is lol, had a new england patriots "champions" edition, and that truck looked GOOD. the wheels looked good. the color, bumpers, lights , all of it.
since then hes changed the front bumper to color tho

Old 05-12-2007, 03:28 PM
South Florida Edition

If they were to make a s. fla edition i think all it would need is (2) two sets of train horns and lights everywhere cause down here between the grandma's and the non U.S. born they dont see you and cant drive worth a CHIT....!!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by JBMX928
doesnt sound any worse than california edition.

anyways they make lots of packages. some are better than others for diff states.
and lots of people buy them, nothin wrong with it.
i know NASTY or NASSTY whatever the **** his name is lol, had a new england patriots "champions" edition, and that truck looked GOOD. the wheels looked good. the color, bumpers, lights , all of it.
since then hes changed the front bumper to color tho
I know I ruined my truck.LOL It's all good.
Most of the Champions Editions F150s were STXs and came with painted bumpers.They only made 1000 Champions Edition XLTs,which came with chrome bumpers.I've only seen 3 Champs Edition XLTs,I've seen over 30 STXs.
I saw where someone mentioned the reflash by Roush.That was just a recalibration for the 20" wheels and tires.My truck also came with a Roush exhaust tip.

Last edited by NASSTY; 05-12-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Quick Reply: whats up with the CA edition f150