2004 - 2008 F-150

My truck burned up last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG That's awful dude, but I am glad no one was hurt. Hopefully your next truck will be even better.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bajabenedik
I'm guessing the F-150 has a good firewall between the engine compartment and the interior. I was also surprised there wasn't more damage to the interior. However, the interior now smells like burnt plastic from the smoke.
The smell will never come out of the plastic. Plastic absorbs the smoke odor. As a claims adjuster, I replaced a lot of undamaged plastic items because of the odor. Tupperware was the worst.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
WOO HOO! My insurance claim has been settled. I asked for $24K for the trade-in value plus aftermarket add-ons and they settled with me for $30K. After paying off my truck that'll leave me with a cool $17K to use towards a new vehicle. I'm seriously looking at getting an 07 Explorer. I have an appointment tomorrow to test drive one. Need something that's a bit better on gas than my F-150 since I tend to have a lead foot and that doesn't mix very well with So Cal gas prices. lol.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 PM
WOO HOO! My insurance claim has been settled. I asked for $24K for the trade-in value plus aftermarket add-ons and they settled with me for $30K. After paying off my truck that'll leave me with a cool $17K to use towards a new vehicle. I'm seriously looking at getting an 07 Explorer. I have an appointment tomorrow to test drive one. Need something that's a bit better on gas than my F-150 since I tend to have a lead foot and that doesn't mix very well with So Cal gas prices. lol.
That's great. Glad everything worked out for you.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
WOW!! I personally think that you came out pretty darn good on that deal. Its nice to see an insurance company actually working with someone and not against them.

Old 04-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Good news! Glad everything worked out for you.

Good luck with the new ride. And get the F-150.......you'll miss it if you go with something else.....

Old 05-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Smok][n
ouch thats an awful sight

the previous generations of f150's had problems with the cruise control which would start fires around the brake master cylinder i believe. but there have been no widespread fire problems with these new trucks taht im aware of.

anyway, im sure you will be up and rolling again soon
hi there

please elaborate on what years this problem was on ? i want to know

also i know of alot of the 70s models F series trucks that have burnt up, my aunt was in one, it was a 77-79 and it totally burnt up, entire under hood and entire inside cab, completely burnt out, it caught fire as she and her b/f were going somewhere in it, they had to stop and jump out, this was over a decade ago now, i have pics of after the fire somewhere around here still i should scan them sometime, al that was left was the seat frame and metal of the dash and tons of ashes and melted plastic on the floor, and the carb was gone and the battery too, completely melted/burnt away

heard of it happening on many other 70s models f series trucks too.,

thanks

Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Previous generation would be the 96? - 03 models and possibly the 04 heritage model.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:33 AM
My uncles 2000 (i think thats the year it was a previous gen) F150 just burnt up in his driveway the other day. His grandson said "hey grampy there's a fire out front". He went and looked out his window and his truck was on fire. He never got the cruise control fixed since he bought the truck used.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:18 AM

That is great news.

We love our Explorer, great vehicle....

Old 05-11-2007, 11:26 AM
That's terrific that everything worked out well but, dang, that's one of the most amazing things I've seen!

Old 05-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd go with the full size... I know I'm spoiled with it and could never go smaller.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Not to change the subject and if I'm incorrectly posting, please tell me.

Since I no longer have my truck, I'd like to sell my SuperChips performance tuner for my 5.4L F-150. Does anybody know if I can reset it back to default without having my truck? Do I need to contact SuperChips? Not even sure if it can be done but if anybody has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
if you still have it and it will work on a 4.6 also ill buy it :santa:

Old 05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by goldmember
My uncles 2000 (i think thats the year it was a previous gen) F150 just burnt up in his driveway the other day. His grandson said "hey grampy there's a fire out front". He went and looked out his window and his truck was on fire. He never got the cruise control fixed since he bought the truck used.
Sucks for him, insurance won't cover it!

Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 PM
LRG
Wow that's awesome! I wish I had as good of an experience when my 2000 XLT got totaled. I had to fight tooth and nail to get just below blue book for it. And for my mods, I got a nice cold F-you from the adjuster. He said they only insured the truck, not my added on stuff. He was the biggest jerk I've ever dealt with. Obviously I've switched companies.

Funny you mention getting something smaller. I did the same thing, gas prices were going up, got a car. Hated it. Drove it for 1 1/2 years. Finally couldn't take it anymore and traded it in on my current truck. Yeah it sucks at the pump, but everytime I walk out to my truck and see it I smile.

Quick Reply: My truck burned up last night