2004 - 2008 F-150

*** Soft Brake Pedal Resolved ***

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low pedal

2002 F150. Brake line cracked on rear end replaced line and bleed the brakes. Now I have a low pedal reb lead , replaced mc, booster to no avell. System never went dry.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:15 PM
Sorry to revive such an old thread. I too have spongy brakes in my 06, and stumbled upon this mod yesterday and decided to give it a try. I adjusted the rod in increments as much as a full turn, with great success. The brakes were much more responsive, and I never felt brake resistance or drag while driving. However, after sleeping on it, I decided to jack up the front wheels today and see how freely they spin. It was only then, when I thought perhaps I had went too far. So I wrenched the rod back in another half turn or so. My headache over this, as others have mentioned, is I cannot "feel" what is too much or not enough. I have 33" mud tires, and they're heavy. They turn a full rotation if I give them a good spin, but then slow to a stop. So, is that "brake drag" or normal? I wish I had spun the wheels first before ever rotating the rod, but I didn't. So, I guess my question is, what's a normal wheel rotation on jacks, or rotor temp after driving, and what's an actual "break drag?"

Old 11-07-2021, 12:23 AM
Soft pedal long travel 10 expedition

Happy I found your site. It’s the only place I found anything that has helped on my Expedition.
wheni tried to adjust the rod in the mc there wasn’t a screw - just a push in pin with a small shaft going into the larger rod. I added 2 TINY washers on the shaft and it’s better. I’m gonna add maybe one more washer. Has anyone seen this type of MC?
thanks guys

Quick Reply: *** Soft Brake Pedal Resolved ***