2004 - 2008 F-150

Silblades on Ebay!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on the fence about these blades as well. For the price and warranty I think they only need to be "OK and last a couple years" to get your money's worth. I put a set on the truck and car. The ones on the car squawk when there's not a lot of moisture and streak as much as any other blade I've tried. The set on the truck are ok, I get some streaking at times, other than that they are just working wiper blades. Definitely not the silver bullet of wiper blades in my opinion, your mileage may vary, lots of people love em.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Any blade will ice up at certain temps... my experience, though, has been that, for average use, these blades are superior to anything that I'd previously used.

Further, I *did* have a warranty issue with one set (on my old KR) (one had developed a small 'gap' on the blade and thus, made the 'rainbow shape' on every wipe pass -- called them and, within a two days, I had a replacement). NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Fantastic service and a great product... most people look for this when it comes to a product.... I'm no different and, because of my experience with them, I'll yell it from atop the mountain... they're good!
By "gap" do you mean tear in the rubber? Or was it rather it wasn't staying flush to the windshield?

The 5 year warranty is definitely a value add. My flexblades haven't been tested very hard, but I will have that opportunity this weekend.

Duke

Old 02-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Haven't had any problem with my 22" flexblades. Been -10 or below several times, still work great. The longer blades to have less pressure at the end of the blade though but its something I can live with.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
longer blades to have less pressure at the end of the blade though but its something I can live with.
That's exactly what I thought was the problem. But it's space that it clears somewhat, that wouldn't have been cleared at all before.

Duke

Quick Reply: Silblades on Ebay!!