2004 - 2008 F-150

Silblades on Ebay!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silblades on Ebay!!

I have read several threads regarding these things!! And i have decided to make a purchase... looking for good prices i found them new on E-Bay from a dealer for 15.00 each!! Is this a good price.. if so here is a link maybe the rest of you would be interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Also does anyone have any experience with the SilBead??? If so i would like to hear your comments!!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by speedraisor
I have read several threads regarding these things!! And i have decided to make a purchase... looking for good prices i found them new on E-Bay from a dealer for 15.00 each!! Is this a good price.. if so here is a link maybe the rest of you would be interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Also does anyone have any experience with the SilBead??? If so i would like to hear your comments!!
That's a REALLY good price. The best I could find before was $21 per blade. I have the 22s on my truck and I'm on the fence on them.

The extra two inches would be nice, but the blade doesn't have enough tension in it to stick hard to the window on the outer inch on the passenger's side.

Also, the blade really collects ice (frozen water) when driving in weather below 30 degrees. Lastly they squeek like crazy if the window isn't wet enough.

Duke

EDIT: Nevermind I was talking about their flexblade, the one that's just one piece.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Go with the Bosch Icons, I got the 22" ones and work great no squeak even when dry work real well when its raining, they ran me $21 each

Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's a great deal... defintely snare them for that price. 5-years of warranty for $30? How can you go wrong!??

Old 02-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I have 22" Silblades & I would definitely say they are worth the price. I've had them on my truck since 5 days after I bought it and they still work great. Mine were $26 including shipping.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 PM
functionality, and the carbon fiber would look sweet on my truck

Old 02-13-2007, 11:34 PM
RP and others I am looking for installed pics on someones truck, any links to pics on your trucks??

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2007, 11:38 PM
RP and others I am looking for installed pics on someones truck, any links to pics on your trucks??
The regular Silblades look just like any other blade. I've never seen any other kind of them.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 02-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Moderator &

From a 'look' standpoint... they look like ever other blade on the market...

Old 02-13-2007, 11:44 PM
how well do they do for icing up? I do ralize the only way to completely avoid icing is to buy those ugly a** rubber covered ones, but i'm just not keen on that idea... sorry for all the questions..

Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 PM
how well do they do for icing up? I do ralize the only way to completely avoid icing is to buy those ugly a** rubber covered ones, but i'm just not keen on that idea... sorry for all the questions..
I have the "ugly rubber covered ones" known as the flexblades and I think they are even worse at icing up. But then again when it's -26 you're hosed either way.

Duke

Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I use Rain X winter windshield washer fluid & never have a problem. These things are simply a normal everyday wiper blade. They just happen to be better than most of the blades on the market.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Moderator &

Any blade will ice up at certain temps... my experience, though, has been that, for average use, these blades are superior to anything that I'd previously used.

Further, I *did* have a warranty issue with one set (on my old KR) (one had developed a small 'gap' on the blade and thus, made the 'rainbow shape' on every wipe pass -- called them and, within a two days, I had a replacement). NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Fantastic service and a great product... most people look for this when it comes to a product.... I'm no different and, because of my experience with them, I'll yell it from atop the mountain... they're good!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 PM
ok fellas no more questions thanks for all the direction!! I'm placing my order as we speak!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Any blade will ice up at certain temps... my experience, though, has been that, for average use, these blades are superior to anything that I'd previously used.

Further, I *did* have a warranty issue with one set (on my old KR) (one had developed a small 'gap' on the blade and thus, made the 'rainbow shape' on every wipe pass -- called them and, within a two days, I had a replacement). NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Fantastic service and a great product... most people look for this when it comes to a product.... I'm no different and, because of my experience with them, I'll yell it from atop the mountain... they're good!
I like the way you think, if someone treats me good customer service wise, I'm a loyal customer.

Quick Reply: Silblades on Ebay!!