2004 - 2008 F-150

Spacer Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spacer Lifts

I know some are having problems with some of the spacer lifts with ball joints wearing out and stuff hitting the springs. Is anyone here running a 1.5" spacer lift and if so are they having any of these problems.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:10 AM
im guessing you are referring to a leveling kit...from what i've heard and read they add a more severe angle to the C-arms and balljoints which will inturn shorten their lifespan....if you get the Autospring leveling kit (the new offset version) i dont believe anyone is having problems with anything hitting...also they bolt on top of the strut which is nice and easy to install....i personally am going with a 2" lift but alot of ppl have run a 2.5" with no adverse affects.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by K1NGoftheRanch
im guessing you are referring to a leveling kit...from what i've heard and read they add a more severe angle to the C-arms and balljoints which will inturn shorten their lifespan....if you get the Autospring leveling kit (the new offset version) i dont believe anyone is having problems with anything hitting...also they bolt on top of the strut which is nice and easy to install....i personally am going with a 2" lift but alot of ppl have run a 2.5" with no adverse affects.
Bolting in on top of the spring is probably what is causing them to over extend and hit the springs.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by treatcg
Bolting in on top of the spring is probably what is causing them to over extend and hit the springs.
All leveling kits do the same thing in terms of UCA/coil contact. Whether bolted on top or adding a plastic insert, they all do the same geometric change to the coilovers.

Quick Reply: Spacer Lifts