2004 - 2008 F-150

Updated my cardomain site. Need suggestions on what I should do next.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Updated my cardomain site. Need suggestions on what I should do next.

Hey guys, I spent some time tonight on this slow old dial up computer updating my cardomain page. Take a look and tell me what you think. Also, I'd like to get some ideas from you guys on what to do next with the truck. I'm limited with the specialty mods any longer since I'm in Alaska, but I'm sure you guys can put some ideas in my head.

CARDOMAIN

Old 01-04-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT's Car Domain site
More to come in the near future. I plan to re-upholster the headliner with black suede. Wet Okole Seat Covers with black borders and a red center will be installed as well. I plan to beef up the sound with a pair of 10" or 12" woofers under the rear seats, and possibly do some custom painting in the interior.
Sounds like you already know what to do next.

Truck looks good by the way. So does the house.

Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
Sounds like you already know what to do next.

Truck looks good by the way. So does the house.
Thanks for the compliments. Those are just a few things that shouldn't take too long to do, I probably should of listed them on my post as what I have in mind so far. I know there are other ideas out there though.

I'm tossing around the idea of some chrome projector headlights and/or the '07 Mark LT headlights. Also, the new LT grille might be something I'll do down the road as well. It is slightly different than the older model.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:17 AM
i love your truck
you have truely made that thing a beast

the only thing i could suggest is maybe a functional hood instead of the hood scoop.

Old 01-04-2007, 08:51 AM
i saw functional hood....keep the f-150 lights...but tint them..or find a pair like that.

get the new lt grille.

smoke fog lights

custom LT bumper grille.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Color matched side skirts so they side level matches the level of the front bumper valence (maybe from Roush?)... or the color matched nerf bars off the FX2...

Old 01-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys.

I don't think I need to make the hood scoop functional, the air intake is cut between the inner and outer fender. I think by putting in some fender vents and ducting the drivers side vent to blow into the intake would probably work better, but I'm not sure how the air flow would be into it. Fender vents is one other possibility I'm considering.

I'd love to do some side skirts, but every one I've seen is either not available for supercrews (such as Roush), or is not compatible with fender flares. I've contemplated doing the FX2 nerf bars, but I'm don't think the look of nerf bars will go well with a street truck. Not many other options out there.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
I'd love to do some side skirts, but every one I've seen is either not available for supercrews (such as Roush), or is not compatible with fender flares. I've contemplated doing the FX2 nerf bars, but I'm don't think the look of nerf bars will go well with a street truck. Not many other options out there.
I've seen a truck here in paris, a white supercrew, with a full skirt kit. Includes the fender flares and all. If I see it again, I'll try and snap a pic.

These aren't the ones I've seen, but here's an example:
http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/SSE_...Body_Kits.html
Pic shows Scab, but they cary for Screw.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Those are the same deal with the fender flares. You have to trim the boards. For $500 plus shipping, I don't want to risk hacking them up and ruining them, I'd rather have something that is made to work with the flares. I called them anyhow just to see if they had a style that fits with the flares and they said no.

Thanks for looking into that though, I appreciate it.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Try functional stuff like LED lighting in the bed like RP and I did.

Or how about dress up the interior? Anything from carbon fiber dash pieces to the wood. I have a wood and leather steering wheel and love it! It's a little thicker then stock and a lot more comfortable. Not to mention looks great and matches the OEM lariat wood trim exactly.

Trucks looking great by the way!

Duke

Old 01-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Suspended
Heres an idea. . .

What about getting the Westin Sport Tubes and having them painted to match?

Old 01-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
sucks eh? I'm in the same boat as you. When I had my bumpers swapped and color-matched I was going to get a side skirt kit as well, but being as that I LOVE my lariat PTM flares I was SOL.

I wish someone would realize the demand is there...

Old 01-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Here we go....
http://www.aeromotive-inc.com/showcase.php
Look at the first and third pics... they're still not as slick as the ones I've seen around town, but an example of what's out there.

Here's a guy on FTW: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...n-678023-pos-1

Last edited by ieee_raider; 01-05-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
sucks eh? I'm in the same boat as you. When I had my bumpers swapped and color-matched I was going to get a side skirt kit as well, but being as that I LOVE my lariat PTM flares I was SOL. I wish someone would realize the demand is there...
Quality no modification bolt on products seem to take forever when you are wanting and waiting for them to become available. For some reason the flares are a big problem in terms of fitting the side skirts without major modifications. Ernie of 3dcarbon just told me that the skirts have once again been delayed due to fitment issues from their revised mold.He is hoping that by mid Feb. he will be in full production without any issues with the fit. But he was quick to remind me once again
"The product will be released when it is up to my standards"

Old 01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Heres an idea. . .

What about getting the Westin Sport Tubes and having them painted to match?
Actually I think they would look good in chrome...they would match the headlights, grille and LT handles well.

Quick Reply: Updated my cardomain site. Need suggestions on what I should do next.