2004 - 2008 F-150

Here is my latest mod! Wrecked!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't settle for anything less than a new ride. When you get t-boned like that, it puts a big hurting on your transmission and motor.

Last edited by rocky85; 12-25-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rdsii64
It wouldn't mater what kind of coverage he has if the 18 wheeler was at fault. that company owes him a new ride.
The company doesn't owe him a new ride, they owe him his damages.

Originally Posted by rocky85-
I wouldn't settle for anything less than a new ride. When you get t-boned like that, it puts a big hurting on your transmission and motor.
How does it hurt the engine or transmission? What do you think happens to the engines and transmissions taken out of cars that are totaled?

Old 12-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by osbornk
The company doesn't owe him a new ride, they owe him his damages.

How does it hurt the engine or transmission? What do you think happens to the engines and transmissions taken out of cars that are totaled?
The impact that the drive line of that truck took is quite substantial. I wouldn't want it after it was repaired. Even if it was done correctly they would end up replacing the frame, cab, nose, numerous brackets and fasteners on the engine, The rear springs or shackles, the entire front suspension, bumper, headlights.... ect ect ect. You get the idea. He said the dash was bowed in inside the cab... this truck took a hard hit. I was actually surprised when he said that they were going to try to fix it! I would have protested immediately! How do you think the seals and gaskets are going to hold up after repair? Did the rear axle get cracked? I noticed that he tows a camper. I wouldn't want to hook anything to the rear of that truck after repair and head out on vacation. The extra strain from towing will make all kinds of problems rear their ugly heads!

Old 12-26-2006, 06:16 PM
From these pics this is what looks like the truck will need. Hood, Hood Release, Fender, Headlight Assembly, Grille, Bumper, Upper & Lower Bumper Trim, Radiator, AC Condenser, Trans. Cooler, Door Skin, Fan Shroud, Radiator Support, Fog Light, Light Wiring Harness, Inner Fender Panel, Chrome F-150 Emblem, Front End Alignment, MISC. Brackets, Reinstall Paint & Labor.. And maybe put on a frame machine & straighten if needed. Tho it’s a lot of parts, It really looks worse than it is. Correct me if I’m wrong but to total a vehicle the damages has to be 70% the of the vehicle’s value. I suck at math but if the truck’s value is lets say $32,000 for the truck to be a total loss the damages would have to be $22,400 or more. So unless you have a roll over, flood or a fire it’s gonna be hard to total one nowadays. Which sucks I know, but all ya can do is get it fixed & get rid of it. Cause it’s never gonna be right again! Makes me wanna invest in a brush guard every time I see this truck!!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:55 PM
My latest mod, Wrecked! (Update!)

Finally got to look at my truck today. The adjuster is going back tomorrow to re-evaluate the damage. So far the estimate has gone up 50% from the original one, and they were still adding the additional damage they found! The shop states it is close to a total loss but the adjuster makes the final call. They also stated that if the motor is damaged it will definately push it over the limit. Here are some pictures I took. Also check out my gallery under the 'Accident' catagory to see a description of each of these photos. Thanks for all the help/comments again. Chat soon!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:41 AM
Those pics make me want to cry. I would be afraid to keep a vehicle that has taken a hit like that. Hope everything works out to your benefit!

Old 12-27-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Drumdog
Those pics make me want to cry. I would be afraid to keep a vehicle that has taken a hit like that. Hope everything works out to your benefit!
No doubt.. that's what I was thinking..

Old 12-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Similiar...

This is a buddy of mine... someone pulled in front of him... his was totalled.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohbar

that little car held up really well to total that truck out

Old 12-27-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It was built ford tough allright.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
not so fast my friend...

Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
that little car held up really well to total that truck out
This WAS a 4 door Grand Prix

Old 12-27-2006, 12:47 PM

It's actually kind of amazing how well the cab stayed in tact given the amount of damage to the front end.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Now would be a good time for tdm07 to pull his spark plugs. Hope it all works out.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Finally, an answer!

Well, the news finally came today... The adjuster totalled it! He stated that it was so close that he didn't "want any surprises" as they worked on it. Well now I have to wait for the $$ to come in so I can go shopping again. By the way if I didn't mention it already, a new F150 is in line. How could I buy something else at this time, basically that truck held up enough to save me from serious injury or more! I still have my rims and tires at home, I will be pulling the leveling kit (after I see if it is damaged or not), step bars, remote start, and I have an aux-in adapter for my portable dvd unit. Well I will stay in touch and post the new ride when I get it. Chat soon...

Old 12-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
This WAS a 4 door Grand Prix

well umm WOW but from the other pic, it just looked like the front was bumped by the f150 and then the damage on the f150 didnt match up with what we could see from the first picture, so i was being funny

Quick Reply: Here is my latest mod! Wrecked!