2004 - 2008 F-150

Here is my latest mod! Wrecked!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piece of advice: If you're gonna get a lawyer, no more talking about the crash with anyone, especially here
It sounds to me like he doesnt need one.

The only think worse then being in an accident and hearing the sound of bending metal and breaking glass, is being in an accident and listening to the sound of the other guys cash register ringing as he tries to figure out how much money he can make off of ya.

If hes fully insured and wasnt hurt, Theres no reason to call a lawyer except to extort money from the other person.

Last edited by Podunk; 12-21-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Don't sweat it man, that ***** will Buff out.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Got any parts you wanna sell?

Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Don't sign anything from their insurance company in relation to your injuries until you are 100% sure you are ok. I was in an accident with less force than yours and symptoms did not fully show up for weeks. Found out I had a fracture where the patella tendon attaches to the tibia. Did not start hurting for 3 weeks.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:42 PM
My wreck....update!

Well...after 3 days of waiting, the shop called today. They state they got all the damaged pieces off. No frame damage except a support plate bend back for the radiator support. The engine did take a hit but they state it may be fine??? I plan to visit when they reopen to look at it. They state they can't pull the motor yet until my adjuster sees what is done so far. I am still worried about the damage that the engine hit caused (trans, transfer, rear end etc). Also they didn't state what is causing the dash to push inward and the drivers door is pushed back into the rear door. Could be the hinges or the pillar bent I'm guessing.
Hopefully I will get answers when I talk to them there. I will post pictures of the stripped truck when I take them. Thanks to all for the advice and wishing me well. Chat soon!:santa:

Old 12-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Isn't the frame showing where the bumper has been forced back into it?
Sounds like they are trying to fix it without getting a decision from the insurance co about whether to total it or not.
Originally Posted by tmd07
Well...after 3 days of waiting, the shop called today. They state they got all the damaged pieces off. No frame damage except a support plate bend back for the radiator support. The engine did take a hit but they state it may be fine??? I plan to visit when they reopen to look at it. They state they can't pull the motor yet until my adjuster sees what is done so far. I am still worried about the damage that the engine hit caused (trans, transfer, rear end etc). Also they didn't state what is causing the dash to push inward and the drivers door is pushed back into the rear door. Could be the hinges or the pillar bent I'm guessing.
Hopefully I will get answers when I talk to them there. I will post pictures of the stripped truck when I take them. Thanks to all for the advice and wishing me well. Chat soon!:santa:

Old 12-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope like heck for a total!

Bent sheetmetal is one thing, but when they start talking about dashboards that have been pushed into the passenger compartment and door pillars that need to be straightened, I'd get a little nervous about how the repaired vehicle will operate......

Old 12-22-2006, 08:55 PM
just read the thread

just read about this, glad you are ok man. hope everything works out for the best.

Old 12-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Podunk
It sounds to me like he doesnt need one...
...If hes fully insured and wasnt hurt, Theres no reason to call a lawyer except to extort money from the other person.
Gotta disagree with you on this one. True, too many people use traffic collisions as a way to "cash in" but not everyone is that way. I know a few lawyers that are on the up-and-up. They are a good means to make sure you are not getting screwed by the insurance companies. Often times there's more involved than just fixing a damaged vehicle.

Old 12-24-2006, 07:03 PM
That's exactly what happened to my 00 expy 3 months ago 8 grand in damage, Thanks for the new truck CRST trucking...
Glad your OK.

Mark

Old 12-24-2006, 07:30 PM
And you got gap insurance right?

Old 12-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by RandallT
Don't sweat it man, that ***** will Buff out.

That's Funny!

That hurt's me to look at.... Hopefully they'll replace your truck with a new one. I'd be nervous about a repair job on that one... They just dont seem to hold up down the road like they should.

Add this to another "And They Walked Away"

Glad to hear you were not seriously injured man!

Old 12-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
maybe you can get an 07 to match your s/n

glad your okay!

Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The damage is not nearly as bad as it looks. The hit was high and above the frame. Looks like it needs a 3/4 front and maybe a door skin. If it was mine, I wouldn't worry about it being repaired if it is done right but I would ask for diminishment of value (before and after). If properly repaired, the reliability and durability won't be impacted but your resale will be. When you trade or sell, you will need to disclose the prior damage and a Carfax will probably show it anyway and it will decrease the vehicle's value.

Getting an attorney before you have a problem with settlement is a waste of money. Insurance companies will try to work with you to keep you happy if you are not represented. Once you get an attorney, they have nothing to gain by working with you and they will then follow the letter of the law. If you are dealing with a reasonable adjuster and your demands are reasonable, you will normally be better off without an attorney because they will take about a third of your recovery.

I worked as an insurance adjuster over 31 years and I found that in most cases where both parties were reasonable and the accident is clearly the other driver's fault, the only person who gains from attorney representation is the attorney. After the attorney takes his cut, the insurance company pays more and the innocent party collects less. Sometimes if the accident is questionable, the insurance company or injured party is unreasonable or there is a real question of damages, then an attorney is needed.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
new truck

Originally Posted by TonkaTruck33
thats a total loss for sure... sry bro at least ull get a new one if u have full coverage. if not the truck company has to get u a new one.
It wouldn't mater what kind of coverage he has if the 18 wheeler was at fault. that company owes him a new ride.

Quick Reply: Here is my latest mod! Wrecked!