2004 - 2008 F-150

Which lowering kit to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think it's for the 2 piece driveshaft equipped trucks. Mine is, but I don't know about what everyone else has.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GB150
I'm looking for a kit to lower my 2004 SCREW 2" in the front and 4" in the rear. I had been set on the McGaughy's kit but I've read of a few people on here w/ that kit that have broken leaf springs due to wheel hop w/ that kit. Then I was thinking DJM but then read today that Azmidget91 has has had issues due to wheel hop. So I have a feeling it has more to do w/ lowering the truck than any specific lowering kit. I can fab up some traction bars So hopefully I can avoid those issues. My question is, for those of you w/ knowledge about lowering kits, what kit do you suggest and what is a good price/place to buy from? I would really like to keep the factory ride as much as possible. I know altering the suspension is obviously going to change it but still, I'd like to keep a fairly "cushy" ride. I've been searching the net and prices seem to be all over the place. I'd rather spend a bit more for a better kit than save a few pennies now and suffer for it later down the road.
Groundforce for the following reasons
1.Sold by Ford and also used as OE on some of their applications.
2.No warranty issues
3.Low amount or NO problems when INSTALLED CORRECT

Old 11-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I have the GF 2/5 drop kit and I like it. It looks good. Maybe about 1" higher in the front than the rear, but that's fine.

Mine actually broke, but that's cause I drive my truck a little harder than most (not incorrect installation)

It was an easy install too. Took me about 8 hours to install by myself.. with alot of stops for resting.

After I finished, I took it to get aligned by my favorite mechanic. He looked at the instructions and then looked over the truck to make sure everything was correct and tight.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:36 AM
450rwhp with my DJM 3.5/5 setup. No problems yet..... nearly 40k on the suspension and over 20k with the blower..

Old 11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by MosineeFX4
azmidget91,

Do you have the DJM 2-1/2in drop arms up front? If so, did you have to trim the tie rods? The directions on the DJM site indicate that you have to do it for the 3-1/2in arms, but says nothing about the 2-1/2. I have been leaning this direction to retain the stock ride quality. Also, did you have to get the cam bolts for the alignment? Overall, what is your opinion of the product?

Thanks
nope no trimming for the 2.5 arms which is what i have, no cam bolts are required, i think it is a great product, i run my truck hard and theink that the only weak link in the kit is that hanger it should be gusseted but djm says they have never heard of that happening and would send me new ones for free, but if your not a mad man behind the wheel there should be no problems, if i were to do it again ithe only different thing i would do is get the 3.5 arms just cuz i want to be lower

Old 11-27-2006, 01:18 PM
I think i'm going to go w/ the DJM for the front because I want to retain the stock ride as much as possible. Does DJM have a 4 inch drop leaf spring for these trucks? I have never been a big fan of flip kits.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sleestak
I have the Eibach Pro Truck kit. 2/4 drop with coils in front and new leaf springs in back. I just installed the Toxic drop shocks and the ride is very nice.

This is a great stance...kinds what i would want for mine. How much did u pay for the kit and to put on, unless u did it urself, if u dont mind me asking

Old 11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Is anyone w/ any kit, regardles of manufacturer having to buy anything additional to get the alignment back withinn spec? When I do this I just want to make sure I have all of the needed parts to get the truck back on the road w/o having to order more parts and wait. Thanks for all of the help so far, I appreciate it.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:45 PM
I've been trying to price these kits and the prices are all over the place. Anybody have any favored places to buy either, the McGaughy's 2/4, Eibach 2/4, Ground Force 2/4 or the DJM 2.5/4? Like I said the prices I'm finding are all over the spectrum.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
If you use 2" coils you will need the camber kit to align the vechicle properly. No way around it, I guess Mcgauhty is the only one nice enough to mention it.
-Patrick
No, erroneous information.. You do not need a camber kit.

You need an alignment for the toe.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by GB150
I've been trying to price these kits and the prices are all over the place. Anybody have any favored places to buy either, the McGaughy's 2/4, Eibach 2/4, Ground Force 2/4 or the DJM 2.5/4? Like I said the prices I'm finding are all over the spectrum.

I ordered the DJM 2.5/4 kit from stylinconcepts last week for $600.00 if that helps.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:12 PM
If anyone is looking for a set of DJM 2.5" drop A-Arms, I have a set new in the factory boxes up for grabs. E-mail: mwheue@comcast.net

Old 11-29-2006, 05:05 AM
which lowering kit

I'm going to order the Djm kit and for the guys that did the work themselves, what size were the wrenches/sockets needed for the control arm bolts?

Old 11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
im looking at the belltech 3/5 now, i want it low and leveled. anyone have this kit or know someone who does. guy i know in tx has a 3.5/5 djm kit and said he had problems with it and had to weld bolts onto the arms b/c they kept backing out. not sure what he meant but he said the kit sucked *** b/c he had to make it work.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by sparkysvt
im looking at the belltech 3/5 now, i want it low and leveled. anyone have this kit or know someone who does. guy i know in tx has a 3.5/5 djm kit and said he had problems with it and had to weld bolts onto the arms b/c they kept backing out. not sure what he meant but he said the kit sucked *** b/c he had to make it work.
dont have to make it work i just bolts in but yes they do say to tac weld the bolts to the frame so they dont loosen up

Quick Reply: Which lowering kit to go with?