2004 - 2008 F-150

Exterior Door Handle Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior Door Handle Upgrade?

On my 2005 XLT 5.4L 4x4 SCab, my exterior door handle does not have the keypad. I have searched the forums and i could not find exactly what i was looking for. I have searched numerous ford parts websites and can't find a replacement door handle that has the keypad built in. I know that it should not be that hard to install and i understand i am taking the risk of having to take it to the dealer to get it programmed. Anybody know where I can get it and how much it would cost?

Old 11-13-2006, 01:28 PM
They're not that hard to install. There are a few threads on this site about how to swap them out. Here's the best I've seen on this site:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hlight=mark+lt

If your truck is a color that is offered on the Mark LT truck then you can get the painted handles w/ the chrome pulls.; Several people on here have made that swap.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
My truck just has the black handles. I don't particulary want it colored or chrome. I have found a lot of chrome ones, but i would like to keep it looking the same. if i buy one painted then i'd have to buy an additional painted one for the other door.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:46 PM
You can order the stock, matte black handles also. The process of changing them would be exactly the same. I was just throwing out the idea of the LT handles. Try Fordparts.com . The handle w/ the keyless entry is $49.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:38 PM
its not too hard i did this to my xlt too. the plug is in the door capped off so u just plug it in. mine didnt work at first but i took it to my buddy at the dealer and they said my security module was burnt out so they replaced it under warrenty now it works like a charm.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by InCuBuS
mine didnt work at first but i took it to my buddy at the dealer and they said my security module was burnt out so they replaced it under warrenty now it works like a charm.
That's kinda funny. It was burnt out but had never been used I guess it happens.

I changed out all of my handles to the LT handles also. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought it'd be. BTW, Incubus I really like your truck. Where did you get the Roush Valance and if you dont mind, about what can I expect to pay for it? So far the cheapest I've found it for was $373 and a lot of places for $388 and up. Thanks.

Old 11-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by GB150
That's kinda funny. It was burnt out but had never been used I guess it happens.

I changed out all of my handles to the LT handles also. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought it'd be. BTW, Incubus I really like your truck. Where did you get the Roush Valance and if you dont mind, about what can I expect to pay for it? So far the cheapest I've found it for was $373 and a lot of places for $388 and up. Thanks.
i know i thought so too but oh well at least i got it working for free

thanks. i got mine at woodhouse ford(thanks BalogUK ) heres theyre site http://www.seritas.com/dealercart/Sc...idCategoryII=5 288 plus shipping sometimes theyre cheaper though thats what i paid for the 06 one.

Last edited by InCuBuS; 11-13-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
its not too hard i did this to my xlt too. the plug is in the door capped off so u just plug it in. mine didnt work at first but i took it to my buddy at the dealer and they said my security module was burnt out so they replaced it under warrenty now it works like a charm.

hey Incubus, so your xlt didnt come with the keypad and you installed it yourself? if yes, was it a simple plug and play and how did you get the keypad code? Thanks

Old 11-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by polo2005
hey Incubus, so your xlt didnt come with the keypad and you installed it yourself? if yes, was it a simple plug and play and how did you get the keypad code? Thanks
yes i did theres a plug in the door capped off. when u get the handle it comes with a plastic rail that u set in with clips. the plug and play is only if you have keyless entry. it you do you will have a card in your owners manual with the code. but on mine the security module was burnt out so i had to get a new one with a new code

Old 11-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Nates06SCab
I bet alot of us that have done the LT upgrade have black handles with keypads sitting around...maybe for sale.
I gave mine away two days after I swapped mine out.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Banned
I gave mine away two days after I swapped mine out.
Likewise here. The gift of giving... It made me feel better giving it away after i ripped someone off before.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:35 PM
You can order the stock, matte black handles also. The process of changing them would be exactly the same. I was just throwing out the idea of the LT handles. Try Fordparts.com . The handle w/ the keyless entry is $49.
I can't seem to find this item. I'd be happy with the stock black keyless entry handle. Anyone know how to find this?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Remember guys -- we have a classified ad section here...

Old 11-14-2006, 11:14 PM
yes i did theres a plug in the door capped off. when u get the handle it comes with a plastic rail that u set in with clips. the plug and play is only if you have keyless entry. it you do you will have a card in your owners manual with the code. but on mine the security module was burnt out so i had to get a new one with a new code

i did have keyless entry but i didnt get my owners manual i got one from a different truck bc the dealer couldnt find mine. I now have a viper alarm but still want the keypad incase i lock my keys in there, it happened already in my dads truck.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by polo2005
i did have keyless entry but i didnt get my owners manual i got one from a different truck bc the dealer couldnt find mine. I now have a viper alarm but still want the keypad incase i lock my keys in there, it happened already in my dads truck.
i think you have to remove the rear seat to get to the security module and the code is on it from what ive heard. you might wanna remove your door panel and see if the plug is in there

Quick Reply: Exterior Door Handle Upgrade?