2004 - 2008 F-150

How long does it take you to wash your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need at least 1 day off to do the exterior properly, say maybe 8 hours total including break for lunch. That's just exterior.

Interior is only like 20 minutes max, maybe not even that long. It never gets dirty inside, so it's a quick vacuum and armor-all and the inside is done. I can't imagine spending more time on the interior, it always looks new - just dirt from your shoes and random dust buildup over time. Super quick, super easy. If only the rest were that easy...

But the exterior... ugh. It's an all day chore if you want to do it right. How can you wax your vehicle in 10 minutes? That's crazy, you'd have wax streaks everywhere and all over your black trim (which it never comes off of once it's on there, get wax on your hand and then rest it on your bed rails or running boards... ). The exterior is a whole day affair to do it right. I just did so yesterday, my final wash, wax and then quick wax the next day before the winter weather. Done with the exterior now until the spring!

Old 11-12-2006, 01:23 AM
1 hour-1.5 hours. Thats jsut a basic wash without doing the interior. It could take all day to do a good job like cleaning wheel wells, polishing wheels, maybe waxing a few places, armoral on tires, whole interior, etc. I usually dont do it all in one day if I really want to do a good job.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
What do all of you guys use for tire dressings?

Quick Reply: How long does it take you to wash your truck?