2004 - 2008 F-150

C-Ya '04... What to buy now???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Ya '04... What to buy now???

Due to a new job, it's been a while since I've hung around here. Sorry if I am dredging up old topics or discussions, but I'm in the market for a new 150. A nice gentlemen offered to buy my 04 at an unbelievably great price and I'm just the kind of guy to take him up on it. So back to the internet for research and advise. I know yall are wealth of both.

I'll get right down to business here. I obviously have the option of an 06 left that Ford is trying to move or an '07. I think I can get a great deal on either (a buddy of mine has a cousin that ownes a dealership). The deal will probably be sweeter on an '06, of course, but is there really any differences that I should look for? If so how much more would you think an 07 is worth over the 06? I will be getting another Lariat Screw. What is the consenus on the chrome package. like it, worth it? Anything else? I haven't even been to the lot to look around yet. Any ideas are welcome so let me have it

I'm trying to hold back my excitment here. My wife is not quite as thrilled as I am that I will be getting another new vehicle before her. She keeps skwaking about how long it will be before I can mod it up, so take in consideration that it will be several months before I can do any mods in your suggestions of what to get. Remember that anything that mother Ford adds on before purchase is not a modification! There are ways around everything!

Thanks for your time and here is what my 04 looks like so you have an idea of what my tastes are: https://www.f150online.com/galleries...w.cfm?num=7974

Old 11-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I saw that first pick in your gallery, you look waaay too young to drive a truck legally....do you have that Webster disease or something?

Old 11-06-2006, 01:08 AM
From What I Have Heard And Observed There Isn't Much,if Any, Difference Between The '06 And '07. The Later Model '06's, Like Mine, Look Exactly The Same As The '07's With The Round Fog Lights. I Have The Chrome Package (rims, Steps, Bumpers) And Love It. Since Mine Is On A Black Truck, It Really Sets It Off. My Only Suggestion Is To Get A Leveling Kit On It Before You Bring It Home, That Way You Don't Have The God-awful Rake To It. Good Luck With You Choice, But There Won't Be Any Major Changes Till The '08 Or '09 Models.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Sorry to get off track, but is it hard to capitalize almost every word like that? I tried typing like that, and it was very tough for me.

To the OP: I'd go with an '06... these trucks have no resale value as it is.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:19 AM
I heard the 07's prices were lowered some compared to the 06's. That and the seats were supposedly re-done for comfort.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Droog
Hey, I saw that first pick in your gallery, you look waaay too young to drive a truck legally....do you have that Webster disease or something?

That's what too much beer and cigarettes will do to you!

Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
To the OP: I'd go with an '06... these trucks have no resale value as it is.
I know, which is why I was shocked that my buyer was willing to pay my price for my 04!

Trending Topics

Old 11-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by XtremeFORD09
From What I Have Heard And Observed There Isn't Much,if Any, Difference Between The '06 And '07. The Later Model '06's, Like Mine, Look Exactly The Same As The '07's With The Round Fog Lights. I Have The Chrome Package (rims, Steps, Bumpers) And Love It. Since Mine Is On A Black Truck, It Really Sets It Off. My Only Suggestion Is To Get A Leveling Kit On It Before You Bring It Home, That Way You Don't Have The God-awful Rake To It. Good Luck With You Choice, But There Won't Be Any Major Changes Till The '08 Or '09 Models.

your truck must be my brother man lol

Old 11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What trim model are you looking at?

A 2007 King Ranch would be nice.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
What trim model are you looking at?

A 2007 King Ranch would be nice.
I'm looking at another Lariat. To tell you the truth, I am not a big fan of the KR interior. I know that may be an unpopular preference, but I really like a lighter colored interior. So yeah, I'd be cool with another Lariat.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Dont the '07 have the option of the "Luxury Pkg"? Power Fold Mirrors, Heated Seats, Factory Nav? Or did that start on the '06 Models?

Old 11-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Trooks2001
Dont the '07 have the option of the "Luxury Pkg"? Power Fold Mirrors, Heated Seats, Factory Nav? Or did that start on the '06 Models?
Huh? I don't know. The only one of those options that has any appeal to me is the power folding mirrors. I live in South Texas and would never use the heated seats and I have yet to be in a situation to need nav.

Quick Reply: C-Ya '04... What to buy now???